Chapter X

(A/N "Death of a Bachelor " Panic at the Disco 😍😍😍. Also thanks for the spam @UnitedPandas it twas nice to wake up to the spam! Thanks for following me too!)

The next morning I did my usual routine of getting ready,grabbing all of my knives,my sword and mask I head to the training grounds,"Why are they always late?"I ask myself

"We are never late Kurt,you're always early,"said Geric.

"I can't help that I am early,and its Katerina. It's about time the rest of the guards knew about it."I said

"They already know and Bret has left his position,you have been raised to second in command Katerina. Congratulations I'm proud of you,"Geric said.

"So I'm in charge of training now?"I asked mischievously

Gulping,"That you are Katerina."

"Hey its the Silent Knight our second in command!"The rest of the knights yelled.

"Hello everyone,today for training well do something different. Everything that Knight Bret ever taught you,forget it. The way you were trained will not get you far. My way will improve your strategy and movement. We will start off will counterattacking this is an important skill,"out of the corner of my eye I saw Salvador,"Prince Salvador I want you to come at me. I will show you how to properly counter attack for yours was off yesterday at our brawl,you will need the most training on that."

Turning red from embarrassment,"Why me? Why not Prince Geric? He's a better subject for it."

"Now!"I exclaimed

Salvador charged at me,"Is that seriously all you got? A simple charge that will not help."I say blocking him

From the corner of my eye I see Geric charging at me tsking I move aside and they both run into each other,"Really? You both are trying to take me down. Okay you two go stand over there I'll work with you two later. Now you there with your hood up I want you to charge at me."I pointed to a scrawny boy who was new to knights.

"Yes miss,"he said and charged at me I notice his charge was little different he went in a circle around me then attacked from behind,but I caught it just in time.

"Now for the counterattack watch closely,"I said,"do you see how his footing is off balance when attacking your feet should never be this far apart. If they are ever like this it allows me do this,"I say and sweep my foot under his and knocking him down.

"I want you all to get with a partner and do mini spars with one one another notice the others foot work and help them. Each day you are to get with a new partner even if you don't know them I want you to work with them. The princes will work with me so that I can advance them further in case I'm ever out on a mission. Also if I can get here early so can you. If you have family to take care I understand fully that they come first. If that were to be the problem I will come to your home and train you personally so that you do not get behind. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes Knight Katerina!"they all yelled.

"Now Prince Geric and Prince Salvador you will be working on hand to hand combat since y'all don't know anything about counterattacking. I'm disappointed Salvador I thought you were trained better,"I said shaking my head.

"I'm not as well trained as you Katerina so please excuse that. Training with you might help me more than anything else,"Prince Salvador said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Salvador's POV

Watching Katerina talk to them proves how well of a leader she will be. She is amazing and they way she can speak with authority is amazing even to me. The way she comprises with the knights. Her way of training them at home because their family is sick is was a great idea. I can see why Matt fell in love with her. She may be stubborn but she is a born leader. Matt if only you were here you would see how much she's grown over the past eight years. She is an amazing person in all and I too am in love with her I can't get over how well she trains them. She may have embarrassed me,but I know she can do anything with her attitude. "Katerina I'm here for I hope you know that,"I say in my head.