Chapter IV

"I don't need anyone's help I work alone!"I yelled

"Katerina I only want to help you what's wrong with that? Stop being so damn stubborn and let us help you!"Geric yelled back.

"I won't allow anyone else that I care about be killed because of me! This is my fight! My decision and I won't allow y'all to help! If you want to be killed be my guest but I won't allow it! If it means locking you up Geric I will do it!"I yelled out

Suddenly someone comes running in yelling,"Is it true? Is
Katerina truly here!"

Turning around I see Queen Isabella,"Oh its Queen Isabella,long time no see."

Hugging me she says,"Its been eight years Katerina. Why didn't you come to us after it all happened we would've taken you in? We knew how much you loved your family and knew you would never kill them."

Shaking with rage I get away from Isabella and run off. I run to where I always run. Nowhere I ran till I couldn't,I did the same thing I always did run without an idea where I'm going. Where I ended up was the garden,like usual I always ended up here.

"No matter how far you run Katerina you always ended up here,"said Geric.

"I don't know why I always end up here. Why I'm always running,I'm just afraid if I stop running and have help I'll lose. I'll lose everything I'm afraid of that,and I can't help but be scared it's my fears that drive me forward and not backwards. The fear and anger that keeps me going. When I think of that night all I can remember is the blood. The color that will always haunt me. I'm scared to the point I wish I could hide but I can't because if I do my parents and siblings will be disappointed,"I said with tears running down my face.

Geric looked at me and wiped my tears away,"You are probably the strongest woman I know. The stuff you have seen,the accomplishments you have made,your parents and siblings would be proud. You have earned the third highest rank in the Royal Army. You are known all around the realm. You have always been strong and I know you are. Katerina,"he paused and looked me right in the eye,"let me help you. You have no idea how much I love you. I have always loved your beautiful smile,your eyes that light up when you laugh. I'm here for you so please let me help."

Hugging him and looking down I say,"I've missed this,I miss it all. It's to late to go back for me I've changed. You can't love someone as cold as me: my heart is cold as ice,my eyes dull as embers of a fire,my mind as dark as a shadow. Not even you could fix me,for the pain is unbearable. "

Putting his finger under my chin he makes me look up,"None of that is true,you're heart is not cold as ice its as warm as the summer sun,your eyes are bright as the moon Even on its darkest days,and your mind is as bright as the brightest star. You're beautiful inside and out. I don't care about your past nor your future. I care about now,live in the present Katerina. Also I know about the threat Bret gave you."

"How did you know? You were eaves dropping weren't you?"I asked him

"Yes I was about to round the corner and I heard him speaking to you,"he said looking guilty.