Chapter IX

On the walk back to my room I thought about that note,"How did they know this would happen?"

"Maybe it wasn't them Katerina."

"Who said that?"I asked

"Me,"said Salvador as he walked around the corner.

"What do you want Salvador?"I asked

"I wanted to talk to you. I thought I could give you the letter from my brother Matt. He made me promise to give it to you. When you disappeared I had no way to give it to you,"he said sadly and handed me a letter,"I'll walk you back to your room."

"You don't have to trouble yourself with that. I'm perfectly fine to walk by myself,"I said frantically.

"I would be honored to walk the Silent Knight back to her bedroom. So please allow me to walk you there,"he smiled at me.

"Alright you win. You can walk me to my room,"I said laughing.

Holding out his arm for me to take he says,"Well are you going to take my arm or not?"

Taking his arm I say,"You know I still wonder why you try so hard to win me over. Right now I'm wondering if you're doing this out of pity or not."

"I'm doing it because I can Katerina. I knew how much my brother meant to you,even though he was a bit older than you. I'm here to help,before my brother was killed he made me promise something."he said

"What was this promise?"I asked

"Matt made me promise,that if anything were to happen to him and he is killed. That I need to go to this kingdom and find a girl by the name of Katerina Rose. When I find her I am to give her this letter and try everything in my path to make her happy. He made me promise to take his place in the marriage if anything were to happen. I will keep up to this promise,because I am bound by blood to him. That's why I'm here,"he said with a sad smile on his face,"this is your stop I shall be on my way to my own room. I'll give you two weeks to decide whether or not you want to go through with it or not. I'll be training with you tomorrow so beware."

Later That Night...

I couldn't sleep and I was to scared to open the letter from Matt. I was terrified as to what it would say. I didn't want to read it for the memories were bad. Yes I remember Matt and I remember the feelings I had for him,but I couldn't open it. I guess I'm to afraid of my past. Maybe I'm just scared of that that things will never be the same.

Getting enough courage I finally open the letter,
Katerina,
If only you knew how much you mean to me. Even though you're quite a bit younger than me I did not care. The age between us was only three years and yet you acted as if you were older than me. I have always loved you. I'm writing this to you so you know how much I care. I fought against Geric and Salvador for your hand in marriage,for you were all I needed. Yet you wanted to fight me so you could chose who was stronger. Katerina you are by far the most beautiful girl I ever met. If only you knew that,you always thought of yourself as one of us. But to me you were always there for me when I needed to cry. Katerina if you are receiving this letter it is because something happened and I can't be with you. I made my brother promise to marry you in my place. I know he is not me but he is better for you than I ever was. He promised to make you happy so don't be sad Katerina always smile,it was your best feature that you had. I will always love you till the end my dear KatieBug.
Sincerely,
Matt Alford

I cried that night,not tears of sadness but of joy and happiness. I will no longer run from my past. I will not relive it either. Matt Hemisphere will pay and I will avenge my family and Matt Alford,"Heed my words Matt Hemisphere I will kill you."