"Sorry, mom," I said, sitting down at my spot. One by one, my brothers and sisters piled into the room.

Chandler and Regina were twins, sixteen years old, two years younger than me. Emerson was fifteen, Alex was thirteen, and the youngest were the second set of twins, Noah and Brayden. They were ten, and painfully annoying most of the time.

Yeah, there were seven of us. My parents had the five of us and originally wanted to try for just one more, but ended up with two. They were still happy with two, though. At only thirty six years old, I'd say they were doing a fantastic job raising seven kids.

I got along really well with Chandler and Regina and we were super close, partially because we were close in age and partially because they were the only siblings that usually never pissed me off.

"So, how was everyone's day?" dad asked us kids.

"Noah and I each scored a goal in floor hockey today during gym class," Brayden said. Her brown locks bounced around her shoulders as she bounced excitedly.

"Good job, kids," my mom smiled.

"We all know what Alex did, don't we?" I spoke up, glaring at him from across the table.

He held his hands up. "It just slipped out! I'm sorry, Lucy."

"I'll spare you this time," I grumbled.

"Hey, mom, dad?" Chandler asked. "This is totally a random question and I don't know why I've never asked it before, but why did you name me Chandler? Just curious."

"Your dad and I agreed he could name our next baby Chandler whether it was a boy or a girl."

"And you agreed to that, mom?" my sister exclaimed. "It's totally a guy's name."

"And I was named after an evil queen from mom's favorite TV show, so stop whining," Regina said to her twin.

Chandler thought about it for a second before saying, "Yeah, true." I looked at dad. "Hey, wait a minute, that's why you named me Chandler. You're obsessed with Monica and Chandler!"

"He saw an opportunity and he took it," I laughed.

"I'm surprised you just pieced this together now, honey," my dad laughed with me. "Who doesn't love FRIENDS?"

"Hey, I've got a boy's name, too," Brayden said. "So hush."

"Kids, no fighting at the table," my mom said. "All of your names are equally perfect, okay? Eat and fight later."

After dinner was done, I helped my mom with the dishes while the rest of the kids went to do something elsewhere. Dad said he was going outside to fix the treehouse, whatever that involved.

"So? How are your lessons going with Jackson?" my mom asked.

"Good," I replied. "I'm still trying to master a new move he's showed me. I've almost got it."

My mom smiled. "You definitely got your love of dance from your dad. I can't dance worth of shit."

I laughed. "I know, mom. We've all witnessed it."

"Emily!" I heard from the backyard.

"Oh great, what did he do now?" my mom muttered before hurrying out to the backyard.

I followed behind her and met Chandler in the hallway. "What's going on?" she asked. She was finishing braiding her blonde hair down her back.

I shrugged. "Don't know, but I feel like we should go watch, don't you?"

"Absolutely," she agreed, and we ran out after our mom.

Turns out that dad had knocked the ladder over and was now hanging from the tree, kicking his legs around.

"Uh, mom, what is dad doing?" I asked as I came up beside her. I was taller than her, but she was pretty short, so I had to look down at her when I spoke.

She sighed. "I don't know, Luce, but I should probably go help. Even though this is very entertaining to watch."

"Really? All three of you are just going to stand there and watch?" My dad yelled from across the yard. "One of you come help, for shit's sake!"

Chandler and I burst out laughing as mom hurried across the yard in her slippers to try and right the ladder. It was quite the sight, considering it was substantially larger than her and my dad was hanging quite a ways up.

Regina came running out. "What's going- Oh my god, dad, really?"

"Girls, come help me!" my mom yelled. The three of us went over and righted the ladder for our dad and he came climbing down.

"Thanks," he said to us.

"We'll stay out here while you fix the treehouse," Chandler said. "Just in case you do that again."

"Who's we? You mean you're going to stay out here in case he does it again." I told Chandler as I pushed her forward.

"I won't do it again," dad said, grabbing more tools before he went back up

Mom went back inside while the three of us sat on the deck, talking and spotting.

As Regina was in the middle of telling a story about a party she went to, we heard a crash and then excessive swearing from our dad.

"Girls, I did it again!" he yelled.

"Shit, dad, come on!"

*************

I'm crying!! This is the last chapter. Thank you guys so much for reading this story. A lot of you are asking if there's going to be a sequel....I'm sorry but there won't be a sequel. I will be posting a new story though which I hope you all like. Again, thank you for reading this and I hope you like my other stories that I will be publishing very soon.

I love you all ❤️

mahonestars