Chapter 28

I was in the wheelchair near my window looking at the view outside. If only I could go out there and enjoy the sunlight. It was now summer and I knew that it was hot as hell out there. King entered the room with a smile on his face. "You hungry?" He asked. Ever since the accident, my esteem is low. I couldn't eat. I didn't want to do nothing but sit here and feel pitiful. "NO! Just leave me alone for a while. I'm so...SO TIRED OF SITTING HERE LIKE I'M OKAY WHEN I'M NOT." I yelled. I start to cry because I had so much emotion built up in me. "Babe, you're going to be okay." He said over and over again. "I want to believe that but I can't. I have been in this wheelchair for almost 3 months and I don't feel good about it. I can't even be there for my kids. I'm a bad mother." King wiped my tears with his hands. "You are a good mother. A good person. It's Ok I got us until you get better. I love you girl now stop tripping." He put a smile on my face. "Now are you hungry..You know you got to eat pretty girl."  

"Yes, I want something but I don't know what it is. Maybe some Chic-Fil-A or something." 

"Or something..I'll go get you the Chic-Fil-A.." I watch him leave the room and I turned my attention back outside the window. I'm happy to know I have a man like King in my life because I would really be lost. 

King was back holding a Chic-Fil-A bag and cup. "I got you a lemonade too." He know me so well. I love their lemonade. Now that I was able to move my hands I can feed myself. I still felt bad but King and my kids made me feel strong. I ate my food and just enjoyed my time alone. King and the kids are in the living room. I just wanted to be alone. 

...........................

I had a doctor's appointment today. If things are looking better I could be getting out of this wheelchair. I have never been in this situation and I don't ever want to go through this again. "We will be removing your casts." My doctor said making me excited. I felt like I have accomplished something. It felt weird looking at my arm and leg again. "We're going to have to put you in a program. It will get you back walking and back to normal. You will start tomorrow." He said. I will sign you over to them once you come in the morning." I didn't care about the program, I was just excited that the casts are gone. They were annoying and itchy. I looked down at my feet. "I need a pedicure asap." 

"I gotcha." King said. I was just waiting for them to tell me we can go. Finally the doctor was back. "You will remain in this wheelchair but we're excited to see you recovering." He handed King my papers and I had to roll back out on wheels. I wanted to cry but my casts are gone. "So what now?" I asked. "Nothing, let me take you home then I'm going to go get the kids from my mom's house." After I'm out this chair, I promise I don't ever want to end up here ever again. This is by first the worst thing that have ever happened to me. "Do you want me to bring you anything on my way back?" I just did what I normally did and thats look out the window. I watched as a mother played outside with her kids. I felt bad that I couldn't do that. My eyes watered up. "What's wrong with you?" 

"Nothing, I just miss being a mother. You know, mother duties and stuff." He bent down and wrapped his arms around me. "Everything will be fine." King wiped my tears. "I'm sorry for being a cry baby but you don't understand how I'm feeling."

"Yes I do. Don't go there Lexis. I told you every time I'm away I miss my family. When I got locked up, I thought about y'all everyday. Then I got out to get some bad news that you almost died. Do you know how that made me feel. I wouldn't know what I would've did if I lost you but now we have each other. No chill baby girl." I kissed King. "I love you so much." I said before letting him go. "Love you too. Now let me go get the kids. I will be right back." He had left me alone. I was feeling better now that I could move my hands and my legs now. Even though I had a few cuts and bruises, I'm just happy to be alive. Now that I could text, I decided that I wanted to text all of my friends letting them know that I was starting to feel better. 

"Hello" I answered the phone seeing that Kelly had called me. "Hey boo..I see you feeling better. You want some company now?" Its been a while seen I seen her. I didn't want anybody to seem this way even though everybody claimed they were by my side in the hospital. "Yes you can come. I miss you babe." I had the biggest smile on my face right now. "Ok, I'm on my way." I looked back out the window looking at cars ride by. "Babe, I'm home." I heard King's voice. "Bring the babies in here with me. I missed them." He brought in Mady first. My baby is getting so big. She's starting to look like me and I'm happy about that. I kissed her and put her down so she could walk around and be bad. 

My twin babies came in looking just like me and King and I had no problem with that. I'm feeling better now that I could hold my kids. Being a mother is the best feeling in the world. "Here, I brought you some food. "Babe, you really brought me some more Chic-Fil-A?" I grabbed my bag. He know I love me some Chic-Fil-A. "Yeah, that's the only thing you would eat." He is so right. "But I'm cooking tonight. I'm not buying anymore food." I laughed. "Ok sir." I watched him as he walked out. 

"Hey my baby." Kelly walked in happily. She ran over to hug me and kiss me on the cheek. "I miss you girl." 

"I miss you too. Where's the baby?"

"He's in there with his uncle. He's good." We continued to talk and have good conversation. We got to catch on on some things since its been a while since we done this.