Chapter 5

"Why you staring at me?"

"I'm trying to picture you naked." King had the biggest smile on his face. "Damn, is sex all you think about young man?"

"Yes it is young lady." King tried to kiss me but I pushed his head away. "I know you see Mady right here." Mady was in her walker smiling and giggling like she knew what was going on. "So, she'll be our age one day." I punched him in his arm. "You crazy man. You know that?"

"Yes I already know." I'm glad King wasn't working today. We spend good time together. Me, him and Mady. "Lets take a picture for the gram." I picked up my iPhone clicking on my Instagram app. I took me and King's picture. I never really posted us together on my page. I just mostly posted Mady or myself.

I put the phone back down on the table. "Gimme kiss." I poked my lips out waiting for his to touch mine. "Let's do it again so I can post it on my Instagram."

"Hey y'all." Ms. Kia came in from work. "You off early today." I told her as she took off her jacket. "I've been working double shift all week at the office. I'm tired." I know she was tired. She was the Vice President at this fashion agency along with her cousin who owns the place. "I know. I'm sorry."

"The hell you apologizing for? Working is a part of life." King kissed my neck making me laugh. "Stop that's my spot." I whispered hoping Ms. Kia didn't hear me. "Not on my couch." She yelled. It was too late for that. We had already did that on her couch. "Okay Ma. I have a full bed upstairs." I laughed. "Yeah but you're not getting any." I got up from his lap joining his mama in the kitchen.

"I want to talk to you about something." Ms. Kia led the way and I followed behind. "I'm quitting my job." I was shocked by her comment. She was making good money. "I'm opening up my own Fashion Empire and I want you to come work for me. I have already found the building. I just have to put everything together. Don't rush finding a job. I got you and Kelly. Even King don't have to work that shitty ass job at Wendy's." I gave her the biggest hug. "Congratulations Ms. Kia. Thanks for the job offer as well."

"You can call me Mom, Alexis. You're my daughter in law."

"Okay Mom. Thank you."

I joined King and Mady back in the living room. King had turned the tv on cartoons and it had Mady's full attention. I didn't know what she was watching but she enjoyed it. She was just giggling.

I sat back down in King's lap. We were bonding as a family once again. I had got into the cartoon as well. I haven't even realized that King had falling asleep until I heard him snoring. Lil baby was tired.

I picked up Mady from the walker and we headed upstairs.

I knocked on Kelly's door hoping she would come to it. She was always gone or she was locked up in that damn room. "What? I'm busy."

"Girl open the damn door. It's me and Mady." The door swung open. "I just told you I was busy. Come in though." Kelly walked back in her bathroom and shut the door. I took a seat on her bed. "What are you doing in there?"

"I'll be out in a minute." Kelly was really acting different and I wanted to know why. I play with my baby while I waited for her to come out. My baby was smiling and have the time of her life.

Finally, Kelly was out after being in the bathroom for about 10 minutes. "What am I gonna do?" She started pacing back in forth. "The hell is wrong with you?" She ignored me making me ask again. "Hello, Am I talking to myself?"

"I'm sorry, I just have a lot on my mind OK.."

"What is it? You know you can tell me." She stopped pacing back in forth. "Promise you won't tell my brother or my mama."

"I promise." She took a seat on the bed next to me. "Um..." She look down playing with her fingers. "I'm having a baby." I was shocked. I couldn't see Kelly having a baby at all. "You? My crazy Bestfriend is having a baby?" I was more excited than she was. I was going to be an auntie all over again. "Yes but I'm thinking about getting an abortion."

"What? No you can't do that Kels. Abortions are bad."

"I can't be a mother."

"I know this is a hard thing to think about. I remember being in your shoes. I thought about that too but then I decided that's not what I wanted to do. I'm your Bestfriend though, I'll support you." She gave me a hug. "I know you will. That's why I love you."

"Have you been to a clinic though?"

"No, not yet. I have made an appointment for Monday morning. I wish you would come with me but I know you're going to be at school."

"Just keep me updated."

"I will. You think you and Mady can keep me company tonight?"

"Yeah, can you watch her until I comeback? I have to go clean up the kitchen and shower." She shook her head yeah and I left the room.

As I washed the dishes, I thought about what Kelly had told me. I can't even imagine her being pregnant but If she do decide to keep her baby, I know she would be a great mom. She already treat Mady as her own so there's the proof. I wiped down all the counter tops and the stoves.

King was still sleeping on the couch. I was going to leave him there but I knew that wouldn't be right. "Bae, get up." I shook him several times until his eyes had opened up. "Come get in the bed." He got up and I followed him upstairs. He sat comfortably on the bed. "Babe I'm sleeping in Kelly's room."

"Why?"

"Because I want to. I'm going in there after my shower."

"Good night." He climbed in bed saying nothing else. "I guess you're mad." I grabbed my pajamas from my drawer and took my shower.

Then I called it a night.