My dreams could never truly bring him back.

I was alone.

I stood up and without looking at him.

I ran.

***************************************************************************

Edward:

I heard the door slam behind her and felt the cold rejection seep through my veins.

I had come back and she didn't love me.

My face felt frozen and I stopped breathing altogether. I didn't want to taste or smell her world anymore.

More than anything I wanted to die.

But she, my only reason for living, if that is what I am doing, needed protection.

She was as danger-prone as a...

I couldn't think of anyone who was such a trouble-magnet as her. If their was danger she would surely walk across it.

-Or better yet stumble.

I allowed myself a small smile at her endearing clumsiness before I flew from the window and into the cover of the foreboding trees.

************************************

Bella:

I ran until I could no longer see for the constant stream of tears that ran down my face.

I fell against a tree and watched as my breathing came out in foggy clouds in the damp air.

I felt the exhaustion of my sleepless night and slumped to the ground, that was still wet with morning rain.

I couldn't go back to Jacob.

Our small cabin had once been a safe haven, now it was nothing to me.

I couldn't live like that anymore.

I wouldn't.

I contemplated finding a vampire and forcing them to change me.

The idea was not only ridiculous but also dangerous, I doubted my small salary would get me anywhere near the Denali clan and even if I did make the trip without getting murdered by Victoria, I doubted they would extend such a courtesy to the pathetic human the Cullen's had ditched.

I fought back the tears that were coming still.

They had been held back for years and yet my resolve was crumbling, exhausted I let them fall; my face numb from the dropping temperature, I barely felt them slide down my cheeks as they splashed onto the soil.

"Pathetic..."

I whispered.

My hands balling into fists at the word.

I, who had smirked at the silly girls who couldn't survive without their boyfriend's, who had prided herself on her self control, who had never imagined such pain...

-was pathetic.

The word stung and I tried to think of other things but my label was weighing me down, too heavy to hold up anymore, I surrendered to the new pain of failure and curled into a ball on the forest floor.

*****************************************

Edward:

She was curled up on the forest floor below me, her dark curling hair was splayed against the green moss and pine cones, her perfect skin looked as fair as an angel's against the black dirt, her full lips were red from the cold and her long eyelashes were still wet from crying; the normally light brown was black with moisture and they framed her eyes that were the deepest warm brown man had ever seen.

She had never been more beautiful.

She opened her eyes from her short doze and looked into the dark canopy of wet leaves where I was perched precariously on the edge of the highest branch.

I became a statue, afraid she would see me and run again, but I had nothing to fear, her weak human eyes saw only empty darkness.

She sighed as if she had been waiting to see more and then rose from her temporary bed of wet green leaves and moss. The movement was unusually graceful for Bella and I was suddenly hit by that development.

She had grown up.

My Bella was no longer a teenager, she was a grown woman.

I was frozen at 17.

I had been living in the past where Bella would have curfews and lived in her father's house, where Jacob was simply a rude interruption not a rival.

A rival who could offer her everything I couldnt.

I felt the pricking sensation in the corner of my eyes and blinked to make it go away, the reminder of my inability to even do such a simple human thing as cry filled me with anguish and I fought the urge to run at inhuman speed and grab MY Bella by the shoulders and kiss the life out of her, turn her into something that would damn me to the hell I deserved.

I shook away the thought and filled my mind with her face, it filled me with peace to see her like this, her face before I left. The image I held onto when I started looking at tickets to Italy...

I watched as Bella the woman, walked away from Edward the boy, Edward the lost and forgotten monster...

**************************

What do you think?

Please comment it would mean a lot :)