2. - Just A Taste Of All That Might Come To Be

Start from the beginning

Finally I found the right house. I pressed the bell and heard a “The door is open, come in.” I opened it and stepped in, the dog still at my side.

“Hello?” I asked.

“In the kitchen on your left,” a female voice said. I followed the voice and there stood a blonde woman, who was washing some salad. “Hey, you must be Kim,”she smiled and I nodded. “I’m Val. The others are outside, just join them. I’ll be there in a minute. Um, you don’t know the way, wait I’m going to show you.” She dried her hands and came toward me.

“Should I take something?” I asked.

“No, thanks. So, come on. Hey Peanut,” she said and got to her knees to pat the little rude. “You don’t need the lead here.” I untied it and Peanut disappeared. “Zacky, Gena and Johnny are already here, we’re just waiting for Brian and Michelle.” We went through a big living room to a garden. There stood a long table with eight chairs.

“If you need me, I’m in the kitchen.” Val disappeared.

“Matt, did you realize we had a girl in the band?” Zacky shouted. Matt stood in the front of a big brazier.

“Not until yet,” Matt answered. I rolled my eyes.

“Thanks for bringing Peanut, little girl,” Johnny said. He already had a beer bottle in his hands.

“Right, I’m the one who’s the smallest here,” I said sarcastically. He looked a bit pissed, but the others were laughing.

“Now that we know you’re a girl and not a little one: Hi, I’m Gena,” the woman next to Zacky held out her hand and I shook it.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Kim,” I said. She patted on the seat next to her and I sat down.

“So, how were your days?” Johnny on my other side asked.

“Stressful. Screaming kids everywhere and everything was pink – my eyes are still hurting.”

“I thought you were only grabbing your things?” Gena asked.

“It was also my little niece’s birthday.”

“How old is she?” she asked interested.

“Just three years old. My sister got pregnant when we were nineteen.”

“We?” Matt, who had joined us, asked.

“We’re twins, but totally different. While my sister was homecoming queen I sat in the garage and played drums. The first thing my mom said, when she told her she was about to get a baby was, that she thought I would be the one who’ll come home pregnant.”

“I guess your gift for your niece was a little drum kit,” Matt joked.

I laughed. “No, she’ll get one at her fifth birthday. But she wants pink ones, so it would be more girly.” I mugged. I noticed that Gena was staring at my hair. “What? Is there something in my hair?”

“What about some highlights? Maybe pink? Or some red streaks?”

“What?” I asked again, still confused.

“I’m a hairstylist and I need to do something with your hair!”

“I told you,” Zacky winked at Johnny.

“What’s wrong with my hair?” I admit it, I was a bit pissed.

“It’s boring.” She laid it on the line. I think I looked a little bit shocked. “So please, let me do something with it.”

“We’ll see,” I just said. Through the door came a little white dog, who was soon joined by peanut and three other dogs I’ve never seen before. “Where do all this dogs come from?” I asked unbelieving.