Epilogue

I was running as fast as I could because I knew something bad was going to happen. I just knew. And I had to stop it.

"Stop!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I rushed out into the middle of the road and held my hands out in front of me. "Stop!!" I yelled again before squeezing my eyes shut, if this was it, then I would die. But at least I would die knowing Katie was safe, that Katie would live. It took me a minute to realize nothing was happening. I opened my eyes and dropped my hands to my side, looking around with a confused look on my face. The stunned driver had hit the brake and the car had stopped just in time. He was halfway down in his seat from pushing the brake so hard and had a hand on his chest; over his heart. Which was, like Katie's, still beating. I smiled at the driver and then knelt beside Katie, who had fainted. I carried her to the side of the road and lay her down on a bench, sitting down on the ground right near her head. It took all of ten minutes, but she began to stir, at first, she just shifted a bit. I looked at her beautiful face and reached for her hand, I squeezed it gently and kissed her on the cheek. I had just pulled back when I felt my hand being squeezed back. I looked at our hands and then she brought the entwined pair to her lips, she turned her hand so mine was facing her lips, then she kissed them softly. I smiled happily when I realized she was okay, I was okay. We could be together again! A smile began at the tips of her lips and then she opened her beautiful turquoise eyes. "Hey, mister Jones" she whispered up at me, before sitting up slowly while keeping our hands together. "Come here" she said softly while patting the spot beside her, I complied and we sat together, not saying a word. She leaned on my shoulder and I turned to her.

"Thank you" she said to me.

"You're welcome" I said to her

Then we kissed.

As we walked back to her record store, hand in hand, I was overcome with joy. I had my Katie back! I was in such a lovely state that I didn't even notice when the car honked. "Brian!" Katie screamed before running out in front of me. I had just enough time to see her get crushed before it felt like I was falling.

Blood dripped from Katie's open mouth as I dragged myself over, her eyes were closed.

"Katie?" I whispered, she didn't move. "Katie?!" Tears fell from my eyes as I started to shake her lightly, "it'll be all right! Everything will be fine, Katie, don't leave me!" I was strait out sobbing now, I knew I was hurt too, but I didn't care. I leaned down and pressed my ear over where her heart was.

I waited.

And waited.

"Oh Katie" I whimpered as I collapsed beside her.

Then everything turned black.

*No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue

I could not foresee this thing happening to you*

When I woke up, my head hurt. Badly. Everything seemed muted, soft. I scrunched up my nose and opened my eyes, shaking my head a bit. I'd had the weirdest dream. I put my hands in front of my face and looked at them, just stared. For some reason they looked..younger. I laughed a bit in my head before going to pat my hair, if it was short then this would just be weird. As I patted my head, I started at the top, then continued on, expecting it to at least reach my shoulders.

It only reached to about my ears.

Ok, what the hell?!

I started feeling all around my head, feeling how short my hair was. Had they shaved my head while I was out? Someone, a doctor I think, popped their head in but I barely noticed them. They smiled a bit before disappearing back behind the door. After a couple of moments I heard a yelp from outside, then a "WHAT?!" before I heard footsteps bounding down the hall. I was getting scared, what was going on? Not funny, NOT FUNNY.

A girl burst through the doors. She looked familiar, she looked like- wait, wait, wait, this is 1967; Katie shouldn't look that young. Wasn't Katie hurt? Wasn't Katie dea-

"OH MY GOD BRIAN THANK GOODNESS I THOUGHT YOU DIED OH MY GOD THANK YOU FOR NOT TAKING HIM" she nearly yelled at the ceiling. My eyes widened and I recoiled a bit; this is not funny! She rushed over to where I lay and grabbed my hands and kissed me. I pulled back and she looked back, confused, "Brian, don't you remember?"

I shook my head. She sighed.

"Brian, it's me, Katie, you were in a terrible car crash, you've been in a coma. It's 1964, you're in a band called The Rolling Stones, which you started, oh please remember..please..." She bowed her head as I sit there, shocked into silence.

1964?!?!?!?!

What?!?!?!?

I rubbed her shoulder, if it wasn't 1967 then-

"Katie, can I see a mirror?"

The words came automatically from my mouth, I was startled by how I sounded; younger, fuller. She sniffed a bit before pulling a small mirror from her pocket. I took it with shaking hands and looked at my reflection. Short cropped blond hair, smart eyes, nice mouth. I looked so young, my god. I dropped the mirror in my lap and Katie looked at me curiously, still sniffing occasionally.

"Katie?" I asked, "why is it 1964?"

"B-Brian? That's the year, you were in a coma for several months, I thought I'd never see you again, oh Brian" she started crying and I wiped her tears away softly. "Shh, shh, it's alright" I whispered to her, "I just...had a dream"

"What do you mean?" She said into her crossed arms, where her head lay. "Well, it was 1967," I started hesitantly, and then went on to describe Anita and Morocco and everything I remembered, which was fading fast. When I'd gone silent, she looked up, "Brian, t-t-that's just, Brian I'm just glad you're back, my love" she said while choking up a bit, I pulled her into a hug. "My darling I'll never leave you" is what I whispered in her ear, and I meant it too, that was a really freaky dream. I decided to stay away from anyone looking like that Anita from my coma dream.

After a very tearful reunion with my parents and bandmates. Me and Katie walked along, hand in hand, on the beach. "That's pretty messed up" she said while chuckling a bit, she squeezed my hand, "you know if I ever tried to hide from you, i'd fail, I'd always end up showing myself"

I shrugged a bit, smiling over at her, "I'm just glad it's over, it felt like two years"

She looked over with love in her eyes, "it was two months, the worst two months of my life! I missed you so much! But Mick and Keith and Bill and Charlie, we helped each other, you know?"

Our hands stayed entwined the whole night. I decided that even though it had felt like I was in 1967, it was all just a dream.

When I woke up the next morning, there was a picture on my bedside table, I looked over to see that Katie was asleep before sitting up and holding the back of the photo before me. I sat there in shocked silence after I'd read it.

Whatever happened to Brian Jones?

That was real, what you experienced, I gave you a second chance because I think everyone deserves one. So here's yours. Be wise. I hope you learned your lesson.

The picture was of a news article from 1967, it read:

"Fatal car accident involving Rolling Stone Brian Jones and a female companion

Jones escaped death with only a broken leg and a couple of scrapes, his female companion did not fare so well, she was pronounced dead on scene"

This is just incredible, a tear making its way down my face. "Thank you" I whispered to the sky, "thank you"

Katie turned in her sleep and put a hand to my shoulder. I wiped the tears of joy from my eyes before falling back into bed, I put my hand in Katie's. She smiled over at me and whispered something I'll never forget: "I'm glad your back Brian, I missed you so much"

And my words of return? "Me too"

The End