But Brian Hates Me!

As I lay in my small bed that night, I thought about how Brian had acted. He had definitely acted different.

But why?

Didn't he hate me? Didn't he love Anita? What was going on? It was all very confusing and I didn't fall asleep until late that night.

************************************************************************************************************

Brian's POV:

"How did you like recording the musicians?"

"They were alright...can I tell you something Keith?"

"Sure"

"I saw a lady there, I didn't see her face, but I swear, her eyes look just like Katie's"

"Oh really?"

"Ya, but she had a Moroccan accent, and she said her name was Kaitlyn"

Keith laughed and looked out at the little shops set up around the square, he looked back at me.

"Maybe...it WAS Katie, but she was just disguising her accent and she changed her name"

"What are you on?"

"Stuff, anyway, want some tea? I know a great tea place"

I scratched my neck and agreed. Why did Keith look so excited?

"Nevermind, Keith, I think I'll just go for a swim back at the hotel, with...Anita"

I shook my head at Keith as he stuck his bottom lip out in a pout.

"Fine"

He said,

"I'll just go find Mick"

He was going crazy, I swear. I smiled wearily at him before making my way back to the hotel.

I went swimming alone.

************************************************************************************************************

Katie's POV:

No way was I going to get a day off today. I knew that for sure. But it was a very nice day, there was a slight breeze that blew through the window when I greeted a customer. Keith Richards.

"Hello Keith"

I dropped the fake accent I'd been practicing.

"Hey Katie"

That wasn't Keith that said that, that was-

"Remember me, Katie?"

I swallowed,

"Hello singer"

Mick appeared from behind Keith and smiled at me as he walked over.

"I heard you were recording musicians with Brian yesterday, does he know who you are?"

"No 'course he doesn't, she doesn't want him to know 'cause he hurt her"

I nodded, agreeing with Keith,

"Ya, he has a frickin' heart of stone"

Mick and Keith laughed at that and Mick launched into a verse of Heart Of Stone;

"But she'll never break

This Heart Of Stone

Oh no no no no"

I glared at him and set down two cups of tea,

"Here you go Keith, here's the tea I owe"

"Finally, looks like good tea too"

I gave the other cup to Mick and he stopped singing to take a drink.

"Hey Mick?"

"Ya Keith?"

Keith looked at me,

"Does Brian hate Katie?"

He set down the teacup and pressed his lips together.

"Nope, he says he doesn't miss her, but we have all agreed that he definitely misses you, and that he definitely doesn't hate you, why?"

"'Cause Katie thinks that Brian hates her"

Mick chuckled, raised his eyebrows at me, and took another sip of tea.

I told the two songwriters that I'd be back, then I went to the back of the shop and looked at myself in the mirror.

You could only see my eyes, good.

I stayed in the back to refill the water and called out to the boys to tell me if anybody new showed up.

"Haha ya, but I can't believe about you're accent, Kaitlyn!"

Someone yelled back, I think I knew who had showed up.

I walked back out casually and approached the new customer; accent time!

"Hello Brian"

"Hello Kaitlyn, um, can I have some tea please?"

"Yes"

I bent down to make it and overheard a conversation.

"Brian, you showed up!"

"Ya, finished swimming and all that"

"You remember Katie?" Mick said

"Couldn't forget her if I tried"

Couldn't forget her if I tried?!

"Do you hate her?"

I looked up and Mick and Keith were looking with wide eyes at Brian. The two looked like two small boys begging for a cookie with puppy dog eyes!

"Of course not! I thought I did, but I miss her. I miss her so much...and why am I pouring my heart out to you two?! I'm leaving!"

I popped up and he told me I could forget about the tea. He stood up and walked out the door, he'd dropped something; a piece of paper. I bent to pick it up and quickly shoved it into a pocket in the folds of my dress.

Keith looked back at me, took a drink of his tea, and said;

"Is that proof enough?"