Ruby Tuesday Take 1

I mean, i'd been having pretty weird dreams lately, but nothing like this. What did it all mean? It can't be true, Katie can't be dying, I can't be dying. I gotta find her! I stood up and rushed down to Mick and Marianne's room, "guys!" I knocked on the door, "guys?".

Some footsteps, and then Mick opened the door, "Mick, man! When're we gettin' back to England, I gotta find Katie!"

"Woah, slow down Brian," Mick came out into the hall, "what's goin' on?"

I backed up to allow him some space in the cramped hallway. "K-Katie" I gasped, suddenly short on air, "I had a dream!" I was stuttering and stumbling over my words, trying to get it all out. Mick put his hand on my shoulder to steady me, "Brian. Speak. Slower."

So, I took a breath, folded my hands together in front of me and let it go:

"I had a dream about Katie," he looked at me expectantly, "and she died"

************************************************************************************************************

Katie's POV:

My head hurts. I'd reopened the record store and the kids around town loved it. Since it hadn't had any new records in a while, it was considered 'old' now.

"You don't look so good, Katie?" I looked over at Charlie and shook my head. Charlie and Bill, the two Stones that didn't go to Morocco, had come to keep me company, and now, Bill was currently enjoying listening to some records while I had some tea with Charlie. He took a sip and regarded me, "hey, I'm sure he'll be back, you never know what'll happen, nothins set in stone"

"Ya," Bill said from beside the record player, "the only thing you can be sure about is death cause everyone dies" he shrugged, "it's unavoidable, really"

I took a sip of my tea and Bill switched the record, "here, I gotta a little surprise to lift yer spirits"

"Pfft," I said to my tea, "ya right"

I set down the teacup, and looked at Charlie, raising my eyebrows, but he only shrugged and gestured to Bill. He set the needle down.

'She would never say where she came from

And yesterday don't matter if its gone'

My mouth dropped, I know who wrote this song.

'Goodbye Ruby Tuesday, who could hang a name on you, when you change with every new day

Still I'm going to miss you'

His name was practically bouncing around in my head. Charlie and Bill studied me carefully, watching my reaction to the unreleased song. But I did nothing, my teacup held mid air, I just sat; still as a statue. When it ended and the sound went to static, I gently placed the teacup down, turned to Charlie and Bill.

"Who wrote that"

"I think you know"

"Brian," I said with certainty in my voice.

"Well, kind of," Charlie made a face, "Keith helped"