Chit Chat Lou

"Brian wrote that" I gasped, "it's beautiful!"

"Ya," Charlie nodded slowly, "it is"

Bill turned off the record player and brought over the single. I stared at it. "When's it going to be released?" My eyes stayed glued to it as Bill turned it over in his hands. Charlie finished his tea and set the cup down, I had to get my hands on a copy of that record. Bill looked at me, then at the record, then he handed it to me. "Here," he said, "Brian would want you to have it"

************************************************************************************************************

Brian's POV:

"Wait, wait, what do you mean; she's dying?!" Mick's eyes widened and I wrapped my arms around myself, someone saying it aloud (other then myself) made it a whole lot realer, and scarier. "I don't know," I shrugged a bit, "I just saw her in my dream, she said she was dying and that I gotta save her, please, Mick, when're we going back?" I pleaded and he sighed a bit, crossed his arms. "Brian, I-I think we get back tomorrow, day after tomorrow?"

I nodded slowly and then I abruptly turned and walked all the way back to Keith's (my) room. "Don get hurt Brian!" Were his parting words with me, I shook my head sadly and shivered. That conversation left me with chills. I lay back and stared at the ceiling, my photo may be gone, but I still have mental images. Her brown hair, her blue-green eyes, her smiling face dotted with freckles. I still had the unopened note, sitting on the small table beside me, I turned it over in my hands, thinking.

We all had dinner together; Mick and Marianne on one side of the table, Anita and Keith on the other, and me, low and behold, on the end of the table, facing an empty chair that I imagined Katie occupying. 'Hey Katie!' I spoke in my mind, 'how do you like the food?'

'It's great! I love you Brian!' She answered in my head and I smiled at the wall, imaginary Katie smiled back and waved at me.

"Brian?"

"Yeah Mick?" What did he want? Can't he just leave me with my mind games and imaginary Katie?

"We, um, set up a date for you, she'll be here any moment now" he shifted awkwardly and Marianne rubbed his shoulder, "we just think it'd be better for you, and the band, if you tried to move on" Marianne said soothingly in my direction, I turned and glared at Mick, "what? Why the he-" I started, but just at that moment a girl walked in, she moved to sit down in imaginary Katie's spot and I saw that imaginary Katie's face was horrified before it disappeared when the girl sat down on her, making her disappear. I blew out a breath, finishing my sentence in my head; "-ll would you do that?! I love Katie, not some random girl! Leave me to grieve!!"

I faced the girl and narrowed my eyes, she smiled awkwardly and shifted around in her seat; squashing imaginary Katie even more, thanks alot. "This is Lou" Marianne gestured to the girl, and she gave a timid wave in my direction. "Well, go ahead, tell 'er your name!" Marianne nudged me and I glared at the girl, "Brian J-" she cut me off again, annoyingly.

"Jones, Brian Jones that's your name, I love you and your music, the sitar on Paint It Black, the slide guitar on I Can't Be Satisfied, ohh I love it, your awesome-" she then proceeded to talk about how awesome and groovy and cool I was, I blocked out most of it and fiddled around with the utensils in front of me. Anita and Keith had been pretty quiet the whole time, keeping to themselves and whispering about stuff.

When the food arrived, the silence was only punctured by the comments coming from Lou's mouth, "oh this is dreadful, can't we eat something else?" "Why is his tie red but his suit blue?" "What's wrong, why isn't anybody talking?"

I rolled my eyes and picked at the food in front of me. Well, now I know that Mick, Marianne, Keith or Anita or whoever set this up weren't matchmakers AT ALL.

Whatever Happened To Brian Jones?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara