Time Alone Is All I Need

Brian's POV:

It's been 4 days since I last saw Katie.

It's been 4 days and I've barely eaten a thing.

It's been 1 day since I let go of Anita.

Speaking of Anita, I was pissed at her. Like, beyond mad. Why the hell would she push Katie away, and threaten her on top of that? All these thoughts swirled around my mind as I made my way to our room.

"Anita!"

I knocked on the door, but nobody answered. Then Keith stuck his head out, he was shirtless. Oh.

"Nice to see you on your feet, Brian" he nodded awkwardly and I rolled my eyes. "Um," Keith continued, "we're a bit busy at the moment, uh, could you come back later?"

I clenched my fists and he turned to shut the door. And it shut.

I sighed and walked along the hallway I'd come up. I know Keith liked Anita, and Anita liked Keith, but could they at least go to Keith's room to make out? I passed Mick and Marianne on their way to the pool, they looked very much in love. I don't think they saw me at all though, they were to busy giggling and talking about couple things.

Oh ya, I'm single again.

I walked along the street and seemed to notice all the couples for the first time. What was this? Couples day?! Jeez, get a room for godssake.

The little bell chimes as I entered the tea shop. I know Katie wont be here, but will Kaitlyn be here? I asked myself hopefully. No! She's gone now, and its your fault! Another part of myself shouted back. I dropped onto the first barstool I came to and looked up.

A guy had taken the place of Katie.

Shit.

"Hello, what would you like today?"

"Tea?" Wow, my voice sounded raspy, had it always sounded like that?

"I'm sorry, we don't carry tea here"

What?! I looked around, where had Katie gotten the tea from then?

"Have a nice day sir!" The guy called after me as I left the coffee shop, I doubt I'd be coming back now.

I walked along the empty streets and anger boiled up inside me. Why did Katie leave? She didn't have to leave! Anita? Why the hell did you do what you did?! Why did that coffee shop have no tea?! I hate this!! I hate this I hate this I hate this! I wish it would stop, I wish I could just be somewhere else!

Ow. Oh, ow! I looked down and realized I'd punched a window. Whoops.

My hand was all bloody as I pulled it back, man it hurts! I held my bloodied hand as I hastily dropped some money on the window frame and walked away slowly. Looking back, I noticed it was just a lonely, abandoned building. Just like me.

When I got to the hospital, some parts of my hand had stopped bleeding, but some parts just continued to bleed freely. "Hello, Mr. Jones" the receptionist smiled at me and I lifted my hand up. She stopped smiling.

************************************************************************************************************

Katie's POV:

The picture Mrs. Jones had given me broke my heart.

Once I'd arrived at a place where I could sleep, I'd sat down on the bed and looked at the ceiling; I just couldn't fall asleep! Finally, I turned around and grabbed the small photo; no bigger than the palm of my hand and a perfect rectangle, it was a picture of Brian in 1962.

How I wish it were 1962, where everything was perfect. I was with Brian, I loved him, he loved me. No Anita, no threat. Just love.

A love that will never happen again, sadly, because Anita will kill Brian's career if we're together, and his heart to.

When I woke up, it was about 5 in the morning. I blinked and sat up, confused. The times must be changed or something here. I don't really think that I could do anything else in this dingy little room, so, I set out to check out. I can't actually believe they'd put someone at the front desk at 5am!

"Good morning, miss!" The desk lady smiled politely at me, she looked very awake for 5 o'clock, and I told her so.

"Well," she replied, "someone ot to stay up so other people are safe, yes?"

"Uh, sure" I yawned and handed her the key to my room. "I'm just gunna check out now"

"Ok, I hope you had a nice stay!"

"Yup!" I wave at her as I walked through the revolving doors. I sat down on a bench in a small park and looked around. A couple of cars mulled around, but that's about it. I pulled the picture out of my pocket and sighed down at it. He was so put together then.

I MISS HIM.

I allowed myself a couple minutes to stare longingly at the photo before I shoved it down my pocket again. Standing up, I decided to ask a passerby for the time.

"Excuse me?" I asked a guy with a big hat as he walked by. He stopped, looked at me.

"Paul McCartney?!" I squeaked, although I did live in Morocco, I did not live in a box!