Chapter 9

Clary's POV

I whipped around and saw shards of glass exploding from the windows. Even though I couldn't see his face, I knew what his expression was; one of surprise and anger. Apparently, he wasn't expecting the glass window to just randomly shatter. I mentally laughed. Some protection spells you got.

As soon as the glass all made their way onto the floor, four people came out, looking like avenging Angels. Jace, Izzy, Alec, and Simon. They were actually here to come help me! Not that I couldn't have handled it all myself.

As soon as Sebastian got a clear view of the intruders, he started growling and roaring in some kind of demonic language. Seconds later, Ravener demons, Drevak demons, and Dragonidae demons started appearing from the sky. Almost immediately, the shadowhunters (I don't know if I mentioned this or not but Simon is an ascending shadowhunter) literally sprang into action. Jace, however, came for me first. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me among the chaos, slicing demons here and there, always managing to keep me out of harm's way.

Distinctly, I heard Alec mutter, "Oh come on! I thought Dragonidae demons were extinct!" Jace heard this too and said, "Nope, just mostly extinct." I grinned at this familiar memory. Although it wasn't exact, I still remember Jace telling me a similar conversation between Alec and him.

Remembering that we were currently fighting, I swiped a seraph blade from Jace's belt and began cutting the demons. "Raphael," I cried, the blade lighting up. I broke away from Jace and began working my way towards Izzy, who was currently fending off some Drevak demons, holding an injured Simon. I could tell that she was about to collapse, so I went over to her.

"Izzy, come apply an iratze on Simon! I'll take care of these demons!"

She nodded and began warily backing up into the wall. While she put the healing rune onto Simon, Sebastian kept chanting and more demons started coming in from the door, but this time, it was Vetis demons. There would be no way to get out of here, someone is bound to leave injured or worse...... dead.

I knew what had to be done. After getting some black ichor on me, Izzy claimed that she and Simon could handle some demons, so I made my way over to Sebastion, who was at the center of the room. Without hesitation, I threw my spare dagger that I had stole from Jace and threw it, pointing towards Sebatian's heart. It was wobbly, but true, and Sebastian would be dead in a few seconds.

That is, until he had lightning-fast reflexes and caught the dagger by its handle. A string of profanities exited my mouth. Not wasting any time, I charged right at him, my seraph blade at the ready. It was only a few meters away until I suddenly flew back with an incredible amount of force, and collided with the back wall. I heard several bones crack and everyone calling out, "CLARY!!"

I willed myself to stay awake, but black dots were already swarming into my vision. I saw Jace leave the demon he was fighting and go for Sebastian. An intense fight broke out, each fighter landing one blow at a time. The demons seemed to draw back to wherever they came from, leaving the shadowhunters breathless and panting, but nonetheless watching Jace and Sebastian.

My hands skimmed the surface of the wall, trying to find something to help me up. I staggered up, and fell right down afterwards. I heard Izzy rush to my side and apply an iratze. I slowly got up again, almost crawling towards the center of the room where two guys would have a death match.

"Don't let me hurt any more of your friends. " he sneered.

Any more? What does he mean? I gasped.

"That's right, I killed your little Ravenwood friends along with that Nightshade and Shadowhunter guy."

I staggered back, my hand cupped over my mouth. My eyes widened as I saw, out of the corner of my eyes, Sebastian holding a blade up. Jace didn't see it coming; he was recovering from one of Sebastian's previous hits. Jace coughed up blood and I knew I need to do something. So without thinking, I ran in front of Jace, the blade coming right for my heart.

A/N: I'm sorry for the cliffhanger, guys!! And I'm 1,000,000 times more sorry for not updating once a week last week. It's Chinese New Year and I have been spending time with my family.

Also, this book is almost coming to an end! 😨😨😭😭😭😭 There is only a few more chapters left, BUT I HAVE SOMETHING YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW. If you lovely shadowhunters want, I will be writing a sequel to this book!

BTW, if you haven't yet, please go check out my friends xo_Sadie_xo  and magcon_lover37  books! They are lovely writers!! 😘😘

Also, I have an Instagram for this account: xsandy_4evax
Note that that Instagram is only for Wattpad uses and fangirling stuff and I have a main Instagram which is sandy_4eva.

LAST THING: FRICKING 482 READS ON THIS BOOK AS OF 9:04 PM 2/9/16🙀🙀. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! IT REALLY MEANS THE WORLD TO ME!! ILYSFM!! 😘😘❣❣❣😍

Follow😁👆🏻

Vote👇🏻

Comment👇🏻

Mizpah! (If you don't know what this means, read Clockword Angel of The Infernal Devices)

👋🏻👋🏻🌸🌸❣❣😘😘🌴🌴✨✨💦