Chapter 8

Clary's POV
I stared in utter shock at the sight before me. "Sebastian?"

He chuckled. "Yes, it's me, dear sister. Have you missed me?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "Pfft... Me? Miss you? You're crazy if you think I miss you." I scoffed. His face showed an expression of mock hurt. "Hurt, by my own dear sister," he cried dramatically.
"Oh please. Get over yourself. Why would anyone want for you to return?"

His face suddenly turned serious, and for a second I thought he was going to slap me. He clasped his hands behind his back and started pacing around the room, eyes focused on me. "Oh, I don't know, maybe because I can hurt each and every single one of your friends and family." I narrowed my eyes at him, hoping they didn't show fear.

"Don't you dare come anywhere near my family!" I spat at him. He smirked. "Oh, and why shouldn't I?" he challenged.

"You won't do it if you value your life," I answered. He tsked at me. "Naive now, are we, little sis? Or have you forgotten that demons never die." I stood paralyzed, because what he said was technically true. He's 75% demon, so that means that he would only return to his dimension after he's killed. So that means...

"That's right, you can never truly kill me." Well, there goes my plan to stab him through the heart repeatedly, if he even has a heart. I groaned in frustration. How can I get out of here without being caught? I backed up, trying to figure out anything, but wasn't able to think. I opened my mouth to say a comeback, but suddenly, the window behind me shatters.

Jace's POV

As soon as Magnus gets here, I started talking rapidly. "Claryismissing!" He looked at me as if to say 'calm and speak properly' So, I do. "Clary is missing and I dont know where she is! I was going to check on her this morning after Pandemonium but when I got to her room, her blankets were scattered across the floor and blades of glass lay on the floor."

Magnus now looks serious. "Do you have anything I can use to track her with?" he asked. I nodded and handed him the dress she wore last night. He nodded and went into the library to do his work.

A few minutes later, he comes back out with a grim face. "I'm sorry, I wasn't able to track her." My fists balled and I was ready to hit something. "But, I know that she is somewhere in Boston." My mouth hung open. "What?! Why the fuck would she be in Boston, and how the fuck did she get there so fast?" I asked. "Because there were signs of a portal along the side in the institute wall." He simply explained.

"So, let's go save her!" I exclaimed. "Izzy, Alec, go gear up. Bring that bloodsucker Simon, too." I ordered.

They nodded their heads, but not before Izzy said, "Don't call Simon that." Magnus suddenly piped in. "In going too right? I mean, you look like you are in need of one of my fabulous portals."

"Yeah, yeah, sure whatever. I don't care. Just as long as Clary comes back, safe and sound." Magnus nodded and replied, "I wouldn't let anything happen to my biscuit. I mean, I've only know her since she was like, five." (AN: I'm sorry if I got the age wrong; my memory isn't exactly fresh right now.😅😅😬)

After everyone was geared up, we left to Boston in Massachusetts. After we arrived, the first thing we notice is an abandoned warehouse. However, it's carefully glamoured, but we were able to see through it. It certainly didn't look like an abandoned warehouse, at least not anymore. On the third floor, I catch a glimpse of red hair. Clary.

Everyone else seems to notice it too, because the next thing we're doing is climbing up the walls, Shadowhunter style. We throw daggers into the wall and step on them lightly, slowly traveling to the window. I motion towards the others, and they nod. On the count of three, Izzy slashes at the window with her whip, causing it to shatter in pieces. We shield our heads with our arms as the shards of glass cascade around us.

Author's Note: First things first, I'm really sorry for the lack of updates. I just started taking Spanish class this week and we already have a Spanish project due. Ugh!!😭😭

Anyways, I wanted to say thanks to those of you who actually read my Author's Note.

Last but not least, I REMEMBERED MY PASSWORD TO THIS ACCOUNT! Yes, this means that I will be updating all of my story ideas. But, I still have my second account just in case.

Thanks for reading!!

Comment suggests or constructive criticism. I love to see what you guys think!😁

Vote

Follow

Toodles!💚💚🌴🌴✨✨👋🏻