Chapter Thirteen

You

I exited Ally's car, shutting the door. I throw my bag over my shoulder, and Ally locked her car. She waved at me as she walked into the call. I nodded at her, walking in.

"Hey Y/N." I looked beside me to see Lauren.

I smiled at her, "Hi, Lauren." It's only been a day since we've kissed. Which means a day since they called me into the police station. A day since they found Natalie's body. "Shouldn't you be hanging out with Ally?"

"No," she frowned. "Why?"

I shrugged, "You never talk to me in public, or at school. It's like you're afraid to be seen with me."

"I'm not," Lauren denied. "That has nothing to do with it. I just thought you liked to be alone." I paused and turned to Lauren, causing her to pause.

"No one likes to be alone, Lauren," I said, staring at her. "I hate being alone. Just because I don't talk much and express my feelings doesn't mean I don't like company."

"Oh," a small smile spread on her face. "Well now I know. And you won't be alone anymore!"

I smiled, "Yeah? You'll be by myside every second of the day?"

"Yes!" Lauren exclaimed, a grin on her face. "I will be."

"I don't know," I playfully warned. "That sounds a little hard. And, that also means in the shower." I wiggled my eyebrows.

"Perv!" She laughed. "But you know what I mean."

I chuckled, "Yeah. I do." I felt a hand slip into mine, and I looked down to see Lauren's. I smiled at her, and she smiled back at me. "Off to English?"

"Indeed."

---

Bea, Louis, Jacob, and I were sitting at our lunch table. Jacob and Bea were chatting, while Louis was staring at some.

"Who you lookin' at, Lou?" I asked, causing him to sigh and look at me. He ran a hand through his hair.

"Harry Styles," he told me. "I like him, but I don't know if he's gay or not. We've been hanging out a lot, and I've caught feelings for him."

"Which one is he?" I asked, and he pointed at a boy with long hair. I raised an eyebrow. "He's pretty cute. But I'm sure he's gay, he looks gay."

"How do you know what gay looks like?" He inquired.

"I was in a prison full of girls, who were lesbians," I told him with a slight chuckle. "And you were in a prison full of boys, I'm sure they had to get off somehow, didn't they?" Louis made a disgusted face, but nodded.

Harry looked over at us, and Louis and I both looked away. I looked around to see Lauren coming over here, and she smiled as she set down. Jacob, Bea, and Louis looked at Lauren.

"Guys, this is Lauren," I introduced her. "Lauren, this is Jacob, Bea, and Louis."

"Nice to meet you. I've seen you guys around school." Lauren smiled at them.

"You too," Bea politely said. "Are you two dating or something?"

I exchanged a glance with Lauren, "Something like that." Lauren smiled at me, grabbing my hand under the table.

---

"All students please report to the auditorium!"

We were all now in the auditorium, and I took a seat next to Lauren and Ally. I saw Bea, Jacob, and Louis ahead of us, but they were in a different class. I smiled at Lauren and Ally, who smiled back at me.

"As you know," Mr. Rain, the principal, got up onto the stage. "One of our dearest student's, Natalie Simpson, has been found, murdered. We're dearly sorry for her tragic death. And for her brother, Brad Simpson."

Ally whispered over to me, "They didn't do this for Brandon or Troy." I furrowed my eyebrows, that's odd. Something isn't right here. All of a sudden, the auditorium doors open, and Detective Adams enters it.

"Y/N L/N, you're under arrest for the murder of Natalie Simpson," he said, taking his handcuffs out.

"What?" I asked, standing up. "I did nothing wrong."

"You have the right to remain silent," he continued to tell me my rights as he put the handcuffs on me, but Lauren stood up.

"She did nothing wrong!" Lauren exclaimed. "What the hell?"

"Ma'am, sit down. Now." Detective Adams sternly ordered. Lauren was about to protest, but I stopped her.

"Lauren," I softly told her. "I'll be fine, okay? I'll be fine." Lauren hesitantly nodded. Detective Adams grabbed me by the arm, and I didn't look behind me. I didn't have to, I knew that everyone was staring at me.

---

"We got an anonymous tip saying that you threatened a student at your school, not once, but three times," Adams told me. And then everything clicked. Why we all got called down to the auditorium. Why I was being arrested.

"Bradley Simpson, huh?" I spoke up. "He's a cool guy. But - did you know that he almost raped Lauren Jauregui at a party? He was also drinking under the influence. How could you trust him if he was drunk at the party?"

"But you did threaten him the other two times, correct?" Adams asked, sitting down.

"I wouldn't call it threatening," I shrugged. "I said what if. And he was hitting on my cousin and wouldn't give up. Isn't that sexual harassment? He called me a cold blooded murder, he said something about my dad. Who left ages ago."

"And what about the last time?" He asked, leaning forward.

"Last time? Wasn't a threat. I was skating with my friends, and Brad pushed me off of my skateboard," I started. "He left a bruise. I said what he does to other people will come around and bite him in the ass. It's karma, not a threat."

"Do you have proof that he pushed you off?"

"I have witnesses," I said, then pulled up my sleeve, revealing a bruise. "Got this bruise from falling on my arm. And not to mention that he's been harassing me with pictures of Brandon and Troy in my locker. Also, I'm pretty sure he's been telling me to kill myself with these messages." I handed him my phone. "Go on, I have nothing to hide. Password is 4005."

He took the phone, entering the password. I saw him click on something, and then his eyes scanning over it.

"We can track this," he told me.

"You actually can't," I told him. "See, the messages are green. Means it could be a burner phone."

"You're smart," he mumbled. "Very smart." He handed me my phone back. "We have to keep you here overnight, you'll be released tomorrow. And we will bring Brad in for harassing you, underage drinking, and possibly for rape."

"Don't," I told him. "His sister just died, give him some time to grief."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure.""

---

ayayay

I just got an amber alert on my phone and it scared me:(

-gracie