Chapter Ten

You

It's my second week here in juvie. So far, I've been beaten up and nearly raped. Nearly. These girls here, they're monsters. I'm only thirteen, I don't deserve this. But I do, I do deserve it. I killed two people, do they not know that? That I'm a monster like them? That I'm a killer? That I'm dangerous?

I have nothing to do here. My jail mate hasn't talked to me yet, and I still don't know her name. She walked into the cell, looking at me, then the bruises on my face.

She sighed, "You've been here for a week and still haven't said anything to me." I looked at her and shrugged. "How old are you, kid?"

"Thirteen." I spoke, my voice raspy from not talking.

"You're thirteen, yet you're in a maximum juvie center," she spoke. "Wonder what you did wrong. I'm Ashley, most people call me Halsey."

I nodded, "I'm Y/N."

---

That's the first time Ashley and I had talked. And in my first year, that's the only thing we said to each other. We didn't talk to each other, seeing as we both liked to keep to ourselves. She did let me borrow some of her books, though. I was grateful for that. Because that's the only thing I had to do, inside and outside of the cell.

She didn't look much other then I did. She looked about fourteen or fifteen. So if I think about it now, she could still be in school, seeing as she didn't go to school for years.

"Hey Y/N," Bea set down at the lunch table with me, along with Louis and Jacob.

"Hi," I greeted them, looking up from the table. "What's up?"

"The sky." Louis retorted, causing me to roll my eyes but chuckle.

"No but, we're all hanging out at my place after school," Bea said. "Wanna' join?"

"Can't," I shook my head. "Sorry. But Ally, my Aunt, and I are going to dinner after school today. Today is my Aunt's birthday. Maybe another time?"

"Yeah," Jacob smiled. "That's fine."

---

I walked around outside, feeling eyes on me. I was the youngest here, and apparently I was bait. I stayed near the fence, just walking around and looking at things. People were playing basketball, while others were doing pull ups, some were sitting on tables, talking and reading, and people were running on the track.

"Yo L/N!" One of the girls shouted - Kelly. Kelly was the girl who tormented me the most. It's been nine months since I've been in this jail. And they haven't left me alone yet. I kept walking, ignoring her. "Did you just walk away from me? Hell no!" Kelly pushed me against the fence.

I was getting tired of her bullshit. Nine months and she hasn't left me alone. Nine months and I still get beaten on a daily basis. Kelly smacked me, and I set my jaw.

"You're thirteen, I'm nineteen. See the difference? I can beat you to a fucking bloody pulp!" Kelly exclaimed.

"Really?" I spoke for the first time in nine months, my voice low and raspy. "Really now? Do you know what I did, Kelly?" I bitterly chuckled, and she looked surprised when I talked. It's the first time she heard my voice. "I killed. I killed two people. My brother and my best friend. What did you do? Steal a car? Rob a store?"

Kelly smacked me again, and I chuckled, "I may be small. But I can kick your ass anytime of the day."

"Break it up!" An officer came over to us. "Let her go, all of you back to your cells."

---

I don't know what it was. But that made Kelly leave me alone. It's like me threatening her caused her to back down. Maybe because I killed people at such a young age? Maybe because she thought I was crazy? I don't know.

"Welcome to Red Robin! How many?" The host asked.

"Uh, three please." Ally told her, and she nodded, eyeing me. I followed her to a booth, sitting down. Ally set next to me while my Aunt set across from Ally. The host gave us our menus, then walked away.

After about five minuets of looking over the menu, I decided what I wanted. I closed the menu, putting it to the side.

"Hi! My name is Ashley and I'll be your waitress this afternoon!" I looked up, meeting familiar hazel looking eyes. "Let's start off with something to drink?" Halsey.

"A water for me," My Aunt ordered.

"Sweet Tea." Ally said. Ashley nodded, writing it down, then looking at me. She furrowed her eyebrows, squinting her eyes.

"You look familiar," Ashley murmured. "Have I seen you some where before?"

"Probably the TV or News," My Aunt answered. "Y/N L/N?"

"Holy shit!" Ashley exclaimed, a grin on her face. "Little L/N from juvie! You finally got released?"

"Yeah," I awkwardly chuckled, scratching the back of my neck. "Uh, Auntie, Ally, this Ashley - or Halsey. She was my jail mate for about three years before she got released."

"Nice to meet you," Auntie said, smiling at Ashley. Ally also smiled at her, shaking her hand.

"You too," Ashley said. "Let me take your order and then put it in? And then catch up, yeah?" I nodded, and we all ordered what we wanted. I saw her put it in, then come back to us and took a seat.

"Y/N, when did you get released?" Ashley asked, putting her notepad away.

"Uh, about two weeks ago." I told her, and she smiled.

"That's great," she commented. "You're still in high school, right?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "What have you done since you've been out?"

She let out a small laugh, "I'm working at Red Robin, as you can see. I'm in college, trying to graduate." She looked up. "Hold up, I have to go wait on these people." I nodded, letting her go.

I put the straw in my mouth, sipping on my tea as I looked down at the table. Ally and my Aunt were both looking at me.

"You never told us about her." Ally said, raising an eyebrow.

"You guys never asked," I shrugged, looking up at her. "So I never told."

---

ayayaay

-gracie