Chapter 17

AN: hey guys! I got a lot of good feedback in chap.16 which is much appreciated. I will be trying to write and complete a fucking project at the same time plus another essay so I may not be writing too much this week but I'll be trying. Enjoy the chapter! AN-2: fuck man. Okay so that last chapter was not supposed to happen because wattpad decided to glitch on me soooo... But I deleted it so its all good now.

Eren's POV

"Let's go, Eren!" Levi called from the kitchen.

Today we were going to hang out with our friends. Levi decided to make some plans with my friends after the melt-down I had yesterday. Since it was a Sunday afternoon we had nothing to do and the weather was getting colder. It was December after all.

You know how weather decided to like fuck you over? Like it's supposed to be seventy degrees and sunny, but it starts to pour down in freezing cold rain. Well today seems to be that kind of day. Apparently it's suppose to "snow" later this evening but it's all sunny and clear skies, which is amazing on our part.

"Yeah yeah, I'm coming." I dragged my feet to the kitchen. I didn't want to get up today. I really just wanted to sleep, which you should understand if you go to school.

Levi put on his sunglasses and grabbed my hands whilst intertwining our fingers together.

It felt weird. Yesterday was fuzzy but I still have that feeling. That feeling of being weak. But Levi fills in that gap. I can tell he is trying. It's a very nice yet simple gesture. But it's everything to me while it's nothing to some.

I grasped his hand harder to show him that I was trying to have a good time with him today and I appreciated the small things. We walked down the stairs and met Armin, Erwin, Hanji and Mikasa. We decided to only invite our close friends since we were broke and couldn't do much with the whole little freshman squad we had going.

But I noticed something. Armin was blushing furiously. He was looking down at his shoes as well. Erwin held his head up high and wore a victorious smirk. Hanji had her hand over her nose and mouth, cheeks flushed as well and Mikasa was sending a glare to Erwin.

Levi and I glanced over at each other at the same time. We seemed to notice the same thing going on with our friends.

"What did we miss?" Levi raised an eyebrow at Erwin.

Hanji looked at us. "It was so cute..." She muttered, barely audible.

"They kissed, dumbass." Mikasa was still staring down Erwin.

I freaked out on the inside.

"YES FINALLY!" I yelled and let go of Levi's hand. I ran up to my two friends.

I grabbed Armin around the waist and spun him and Erwin and Levi gave me and Armin a glare that said "back the fuck down". I placed Armin back on his feet and giggled like a school girl. I looked at Armin and mouthed "You will tell me the details later.".

I strolled over to Levi and he put a protective hand around my waist. Erwin grabbed Armin's hand looking for the same effect.

Mikasa cleared her throat. "We should get going." Hanji gave her a nod.

We all loaded into Erwin's truck and drove to a nice little cafe in the edge of town.

We all climbed out of the car and started towards the doors edged with dark green ivy vines. The place had a vintage look to it. Like the place one of our English professors would reside and have a nice glass of wine while listening to a record player.

Levi and Erwin held the doors open for all of us. Levi ran up to me as we were talking to the hostess, Callie as her name tag said. She gave us a nice seat by the windows which gave us a view to the river on the edge of town. The sun was mid-sky and it hit the water in rays. The light would make certain sections of the river sparkle and glisten. I also took note of the grey clouds forming in the baby blue skies.