Chapter 29

There I sat in the car thinking the exact words I was going to say to him, how I was going to tell him my feelings towards Shawn never went away. Damn.

I could just picture his expression on his face when I tell him.

"Sammy, I'm sorry" I would tell him and his face would turn into a frown or anger would rise up and conflict would rise between him and Shawn.

Who knows?

Sammy was an unpredictable kind of guy.

Maybe I'm not ready to face all this. But when could I ever be? I can't just let it go to the side and just cut him off like that. He deserves an explanation.

Fuck it.

Next thing I knew I was in front of the building entrance to his apartment as I rung his doorbell outside nervously.

"Hello?" his mother answered through the intercom.

"Hi Mrs. Wilkinson, it's Nova is Sammy in?" I asked.

"Nova! Yea he is, I'll buzz you in--"

"Could you ask him to come down here instead" I asked.

"Uh, yea he'll be down in a few" she says without asking any further questions.

You know when your nervous and you literally start shaking, butterflies fill up your stomach feeling like your going to puke; well that's how I was feeling. I sat down and waited down in the staircase when finally I hear the front door open.

"Nov?" his voice asked. I turned around to see his handsome face and looked back down at my hands playing with them.

He came over to sit next to me.

There was silence between us.

"I was worried for you, you never answered my calls or texts" he broke the silence.

"Yea.. sorry about that.." I say. Everything that I had practice in the car on what I was going to say to him they all just seem to just disappear. I completely forgot everything.

"Look Sammy, your probably questioning on why I left the concert early" I began.

He stood quiet.

"I uh--"

"You don't need to explain" he stops me.

"What?"

"I saw everything" he says.

My eyes widen and the guilt that I already has inside built up even more and my heart sunk into my stomach. I was left speechless and buried my face into my hands ashamed of myself as tears began to fall.

"I'm sorry" I whisper.

His arms then just brought me into his chest. Confused I looked up to him.

"I'm guessing that's the guy is your first love?" he asked and I nodded a yes to him.

"Nova, I truly and deeply do care for you and my feelings for you are so strong. When I saw you with him and the moment you two shared, truly brought me down, and part of me wanted to chase after him and break his face but then something stopped me and it was you.. I saw the expression of happiness you had so I just called a cab and went home" he explained.

"My point is that all I want for you is just to be happy with the decisions you make even if it isn't with me but I will forever be by your side" he cups my face and kissed my forehead.

"Sammy, your truly someone special and I don't deserve this kind of kindness because of my fucking mistake" I say guilty.

"Could've been worse, like you not coming to me at all, but you didn't which I'm happy you did" he says.

"Let's just end it on a good note, you deserve to be happy Brooks" he hugs me once more.

"I love you Wilkinson" I say sniffling.

There we stood hugging each other for a while in the staircase.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Two weeks had gone by and summer vacation had begun. Sammy and I were good friends, Matt was staying in New York half of the summer, Eve had a family vacation in Europe planned which sounds excited, and Neitza and her boyfriend were in a good place.

The manager that owned Dreamer's cafe actually retired and now Sam owned the cafe. Talk about promotion.

"So yea everything is in good place, ma actually is happy with her job and I'm starting my senior year in just a couple of months so that's exciting" I say next to my aunt's grave.

"I miss you" I say. "And I hope you like these flowers I got you" I giggle quietly.

I got up about to leave. "See you soon" I say and walked over the recognizable jeep where a six feet handsome young man waited for me.

"You know you should wear those shades more often" I say to him. He chuckles.

"Well now that you say it I am" he smiles and opened the passenger seat for me.

"Love my gentleman" I say to him.

"So I was thinking" he begins as he got in the car. "How about we make our own adventure this summer?" he smiles turning on the ignition.

"Sure! Why not? I never get tired of exploring the big apple"

"I'm not sure you understand" he laughs slightly. "I'm free this whole summer, in fact I have no tours coming up and by having our own adventure I mean going somewhere else outside the city maybe even the state" he raises an eyebrow and I did as well.

"You mean you want to take me on a road trip?" I ask.

"Yes"

I sat there smiling in thought.

"Well then, what are we waiting for Mendes? Let's go on an adventure" I say as he smiles and we ride off to my house.

___________________________

A.N. I don't know if Shawn won't be having a tour this summer I just made that up, so let's just pretend.

Anyways thank you so much for patients and holy shit this story hit 10 thousands view! That's crazy!

As always have a beautiful and lovely day/night. ❤️

Edited // Published April 2, 2016