Chapter 12

N O V A

His hand slipped away quickly as I put them in mines. Did something happen?

Maybe it was just a reaction because of the view, so I shrugged it off and began studying with Matt. We got some problems done in an hour, finally closing the book.

"Hey so remember that I had to talk with you?" He said as I put away my book and organized a bit.

"Yea?" I said and put my attention towards Matt.

"I'm leaving.." he said slowly.

"Virginia?" I said. Since he was born there and visits family members from time to time.

"Yea" he said disappointed.

"Why so sad? C'mon cheer up! So for how long?" I nudged him smiling.

"That's the thing." he whispered sadly.

"What?" I said confused.

He grabbed my hands and held them in his.

"I'm moving.." he spit out.

Suddenly I felt like my whole world came tumbling down and tears began to come to my eyes.

"F..forever?" I said frowning and he nodded a yes, I couldn't look at him or I would lose it. Shawn was on the other side playing the guitar we had up here.

A tear rolled down my cheeks.

"My mom got laid off.." I mention. He rubbed my back and just hugged me.

"I'm sorry.." he says slowly and kisses my head. "I begged my mom to stay but this was her final decision" he said.

"Matt this is it, my life is a complete mess right now" I cried into his chest.

"You won't be at my side, we won't go to prom together like we promised each other" I thought of the future without him by my side. We knew each other since diapers and now without my other half by my side, we won't be making these high school memories that we promised we'd would do.

"Or make fun of couples during assemblies" he chuckled making a small smile form on my lips.

"When do you leave?" I manage to ask.

"This upcoming weekend, we're already packing"

"Already" I mumbled.

"Is that why you accepted Shawn?" I asked.

He let go of me and looked over at Shawn.

"He seems to care about you Nov, I've met other guys you were friends with and all they wanted is to get inside your pant but Shawn well he see's what I see in you and it's your amazing personality and humor" he shaken me from my shoulders.

"What should we do to spend our last moment together?" I asked.

"I don't know but something crazy" he raised an eyebrow as the wind blew messing up his quiff.

We both looked at each other in excitement.

"Subway Surfing!" We both said together and got up.

"Shawny boy" Matt walked over to Shawn patted his back.

"Oh hey, sorry I got distracted" he put down the guitar where he found it.

"You up for another adventure?" I crossed my arms.

"Um I don't know?" He said unsure rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Oh c'mon, don't you ever think that sometimes in life you gotta live a little?" I said sitting next to him looking at him.

"And well with all the tours and album that is about to be released, you should be celebrating man" Matt helped me out persuade Shawn.

"Guess you have a point" he chuckled and got up.

"Where we going?" He asked.

"Getting lost in the city" I smiled and walked to doors and his eyebrows grew in confusion.

"Wait what?" He said.

+++

"Hey momma" I said over the phone.

"Hey honey, sorry about today I thought Matt always too you home?"

"Yea well he sort of forgot" I rolled my eyes at Matt, hearing her chuckled.

"Oh Matthew, you know how forgetful he is" she laughed. "Anyways where are you?" She asked.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about, mom I'm staying over Neitza house tonight for a project were working on" I lied.

It sucks lying to my mom especially at the time she's going through. She sighed.

"Alright only for tonight I want you home by tomorrow after school" she warned.

"Promise" I smiled and sent her kisses.

"Love you" she said.

"Love you more" I responded and said our goodbyes. I hanged up my phone and walked over to the boys.

"We ready?" Matt smiled at me finishing his conversation with Shawn.

"What's with all the wait let's go" I smiled and Matt was the first to walk to the subway as I hugged Shawn by his waist since he was taller than me. He smiled down at me and we both went to the subway paying.

No One POV's

The three teens messed around the subway waiting for the train not noticing that cameras were everywhere not because of them but because of Shawn.

Girls were already on their phones tweeting away rumors spreading around.

But not really paying much attention to Matt but were instead keeping their eyes on Nova, as they researched the poor girl on her personal life.

Who is this girl and why is she all over Shawn?

Can she like go away and fuck with another guy?

They're were the hating fans and the supportive fans. What has been started? And what is too come?

Not only for Shawn but Nova as well for coming into the life of Shawn Mendes.

_______________________

Edited // Published July 18, 2015