Chapter 5

"Have you ever gone outside of the country except for the U.S?" I asked as we walked Central Park.

Another one of my favorite place to hang around especially during the fall time. But since it's Spring half of the time it's raining. Don't get me wrong I love the rain, mostly when there's some snow around melting by it, but there's a limit.

"Europe" he answered with his hands down in his jeans pocket.

"Paris?" I asked excited. A dream of mine is to visit Paris and go on top of the Eiffel tower just like another girls dream.

He chuckled noticing how excited I was as I asked the question.

"Yea I actually saw the Eiffel tower" He smiled as I groaned jealously.

"Lucky" I laughed lightly.

"What about you have you? Ever left the big apple?" He asked as we stopped at a bridge and sat on the edge. I sighed sadly.

"I mean to other part of New York to visit some family but not outside of the state" I answered.

"Well remind me to one day take you out on a trip outside of the state" he said.

"No you don't have too waste your time on me" I resisted his offer.

"Yea no, as soon as I see my manager I will take a week off to show you the beautiful world out there" he pointed out to the pond dramatically making me laugh covering myself.

"I can show you the world..dadadada.. A whole new world!" He skipped half of the lyrics and singed with his angelic voice cracking us up.

"Oh my" I faked to wipe a tear of laughter.

"Your cute when you laugh" his voice cracked and we both lost it.

Except his laughter is full of embarrassment but then I felt bad. So I wrapped my arms around his shoulder and hugged him.

S H A W N

When she hugged sparks flew. This so weird coming from a guy like usual girls explain their feelings like this. But from me it sounds so weird.

It's true though just by her gentle touch I can't help but have those tingling feelings inside. In the train with those beautiful dark brown eyes of her made me melt.

I leaned in for the kiss back there at the subway but she turned me down. I don't blame her though. I just got out of relationship and deep down inside Vic is somewhere around there.

But that's the thing.

Now that I'm with Nova, Vic is nowhere in my mind. Only when she's brings her up in conversation that's when I remember that's she was someone who affected my life. But Nova she made you feel as a regular person with feelings and free and being yourself.

This girl that I just met at a coffee shop is making me feel something that I didn't even have with Vic. It's something better, not even it's more special is how I would put it.

"Oh puberty" she laughed still hugging me.

"Especially at times when your trying to be smooth" I chuckled and hugged her back with one arm.

She leaned and looked down at the pond.

"Yea um lets get off the edge of this bridge I'm getting a bit scared we're going to fall in together" she laughed lightly.

I got down and held my hand out for her to get down.

"Thanks" she said and wiped the dirt off her back jeans.

"What's next on the list?" I asked.
"Eager I see?" She joked and grabbed my hand continuing to walk but then as we walked further I noticed our hands were still together making me grin.

"So Mendes? Dropped a mixtape yet?" She asked causing me to chuckle.

"Yea it's actually fire right now" I continued on with the conversation making both of us laugh.

"So you actually have an album out?"

"Not yet it'll be coming out in 2 weeks and later on I'll be opening and touring with Taylor Swift" I said.

"Taylor Swift Opening Act? Holy Crap that's awesome" she looked at me proud.

"Yeah I can't actually wait" I said honestly.

Then out of nowhere her eyes widen and stopped walking making me worry a bit.

"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Shit, why didn't I think if this earlier" she hit her head.
"Umm?" I said confused.
"Ready for our next stop?" She asked all of a sudden.
"Sure.." I laughed a bit and she joined along.

"Sorry I just thought of the perfect spot for our little adventure" she grinned.

"So what are you waiting for? Let's go" I said.

"Mendes! Wow I'm so proud with your little fun attitude" she pointed out.

"Let's just say I have the best tourist at the moment" I smiled at her and she looked up at me proud of herself.

"Thank you" she smiled and walked towards the exit of the park getting a taxi.

"Ready partner?" She asked as she opened the door to a taxi.

"I am the life of the party you know" I showed off.

"Um ok?" She laughed. "Now get in!" She ordered. But I held the door open and let her get in first.

"Such a gentleman" she smirked and got into the car.

I took one last look around and got into the cab. I have a feelings this whole night is going to be life changing to be honest.

__________

Edited // Published April 29, 2015