Chapter 14

"Benito?" I giggled.

"Yea he's like an Italian character that helps me with photo shoot" he explains as we walk in the middle of time square.

"So he's basically an attractive model" I smirked.

"Pretty much" he laughs showing his teeth looking down at the floor.

"Wow, it's so beautiful here" He says looking up.

"It's alright" I responded flatly.

"Alright? During New Years Eve it must be crazy" He looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Yea.." I remembered the last time I was around here was on New Years Eve with someone I trusted just so they can let me down. There's more to the story but I just don't feel like talking about it or I'll get emotional.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yea, hey let's go up the famous red stairs" I tried to light up the mood and try to forget the past.

We crossed the street and walked over just as Shawn stopped me.

"Take a picture please?" He asked.

"Yea sure, Um where's you phone?"

"Oh yea I left it at your place"

"It's fine I'll take it with mine" I said without a problem and took out my phone.

He posed widen his eyes and doing a simple peace sign in the air smiling. I took a few pictures.

"Can I meet Benito?" I asked smiling.

"Alright" he said and became serious and looked flawlessly at me. Damn was he attractive. Not Benito but Shawn in general. He slid his hand into his pockets and turned sideways and looked at me serious for a while.

I couldn't help but laugh at his poses and continue to take pictures pretending to be a photographer moving around with my iPhone.

He came out of character and was himself once again.

He jogged his way over to as I was giggling at the pictures I took.

"Damn they look so good" he ran his hand in his hair.

We walked back over to the stairs and sat down.

"So what's your story?" I asked.

"How are you well known?" I added looking at him crossing my arms.

"It was the summer of 2013" he began dramatically making both of us laugh.

"There was a new app called Vine and so I signed up and began posting six second covers and from then on it's history" he smiled looked at the city in front of him.

"Wow, you seem to have some incredible fans" I smiled at him as he got lost in thoughts of his supporting fans he has.

He looked back at me with those brown eyes that made me go crazy and speechless.

"Did I ever said that your beautiful?" he said out of nowhere but this time he didn't care and just lightly smiled at me.

"A few times yea" I said coming out like a whisper making us both snicker.

He moved a strand of hair behind my face so he could fully see me.

"I like you Shawn" I said without thinking then immediately regretted my confession I just said out loud and turned away embarrassed as my cheeks turned red and my palms began sweating a bit. At this moment I knew that I wanted to die or run away and jump off a cliff. What the hell did I just do?

I felt his hand run up to meet mines and he began rubbing it softly with his thumb. I turned to him and saw him just staring at our hands together.

S H A W N

I like you. I like you Shawn.

What is this? Is this real life? Did she actually confessed her feelings towards me?

All these questions gathered in my head feeling confused of everything going on right now around me. I looked at her with widen eyes when she turned away embarrassed so I grabbed her hands and softly rubbed my thumb against her small palms.

Silent filled between us as a few cars were going around especially at this time.

"Nova" I began and took a deep breathe.

"Shawn" she said nervous.

Our eyes met once again.

"We just met yesterday" I reminded.

"I know but Shawn your different, every single guy I first meet for the first time turns out to be an ass and just want to get in my pants even Matt denies the guys I become friends with and your the first guy he actually accepts and you two spent about half an hour in the car and he likes you, trust me I find it weird too but your just different, you walking into the cafe last night was fun and I trusted you which I barley do; To tell you the truth I only have two close friends and me trusting them was a huge step for me" she says taking a huge breath after her speech.

I was speechless, I mean she's not wrong about the whole night we spent together and I actually fell for her personality. But her trusting me was a huge part that hit me the most. Was everything she just said was true?

"Your just confused" I murmured.

"Confused? After a long speech all you have to say is that I'm confused? Shawn everything I just said every single word that came out of my mouth is the most I've said to a guy that I've liked so much and you are just so different and special to me at least. That Victoria girl of yours was a huge bitch to let a guy like you down especially by cheating on you, you deserve so much better than her" She lets out.

Victoria.

"It's not that easy Nova, to let someone you've know for a long time and had feelings for them-"

"Since elementary school." She interrupted and got up from the stairs.

"I love her Nova, yea I do have feelings for you too!" I said getting up as well making her scoff and turn back to me.

"No! Your just saying that because that's what she's making you think. Love isn't about how long you've known someone, it's when you truly feel something for them in your heart and would do anything to be with them" she raised her voice.

"So your saying I should with you instead? Geesh that sounds kind of selfish!" I argued back.

"I'm Selfish?! How about someone who's stupid enough thinking everything will turn alright after someone cheated on them and thinks a meetup with fix everything right up!" she raised an eyebrow.

I stared at her surprised at her words. How did she know about the meet-up I planned with Victoria?

"Someone texted you this morning, it was her." she confesses.

Anger began to rise up little by little.

"She slept with someone else for crying out loud Shawn!" she yelled at me.

"So what at least she's not judging my past relationships and thinking they've had better ones in the past maybe that's why guys run away from you and just want to get into your pants or for not having many friends because you are just too judgmental" I spit out.

She licked her lips and nodded slowly looking around at the people who were still out at this time of night. Tears began to rise in her eyes she sniffed it away. I then regretted everything I just yelled at her.

"Goodnight Shawn, just wanted to look after you" she said and turned around from me and began walking away. I stood there silently watching her walk away in tears.

"Goodbye Nova" I whispered and walked the other way getting into a cab heading back to the hotel I was staying.

_________________

Edited // Published July 22, 2015