Burn

Rebecca kept switching from station to station trying to get any reports on the news but all there was, was just static, some stations had emergency messages like stay in doors, don't approach the infected all of that crap which isn't really helpful in there situation.
"Okay let's but on some music" Jack said as we reached for his phone, keeping an eye on the road Jack scrolled through his song list for any good songs, Jack decided to put on Burn by The Vamps, Lauren protested against it as she didn't like the vamps.
Listening to the song made Jack tear up a little as it was the last song he listened to before everything's went to shit.
The road ahead was littered with dead bodies in abandoned cars, the smell of the corpses started to fill the car causing everyone to cover their noises. Jack couldn't stand the smell of rotten corpses so he pressed his foot as hard as he could on the pedal and drove away as fast as he could.
Due to the adrenaline Jack didn't notice the blood rolling down his face from when he jumped through a window "Rebecca you need to drive" Jack said as he pulled the car over to the side of the road, he got out and ran around the back of the car, Rebecca jumped into the drivers seat and made sure everyone had their seat belts on before she drove off.
"So how's your first aid skills" Jack ask Lauren as he searched for a kit in the back of the car, he lifted up the seat to reveal a first aid kit. Jack handed Lauren the first aid kit "I don't know first aid" Lauren said, again being blonde Lauren wasn't to good at first aid, "Don't worry I'll teach you".Jack was a senior member of The order of Malta and after he finished school he was going to study to be an EMT or a Doctor he hadn't really decided yet well I guess he doesn't have to anymore.
Jack showed Lauren how to clean the cuts on his face " Sorry about this" Lauren said right before she put sanitary wipes on his face, Jack jumped up a little from the sting.
Jack wondered how Lauren could be some calm about the whole situation like she just lost her sister her only family left, the only reason Jack is calm is because he still had hope that his brothers were still alive, he couldn't even begin to imagine how Lauren was feeling.

Suddenly the car turned of and was just left rolling down the dark motorway, the car came to a full stop. Rebecca tried to figure out what was wrong but she wasn't that good at cars and neither was Jack and Lauren, Rebecca looked at petrol gage to see that the tank was empty, I guess the owner of the car wasn't kind enough to fill it up before he became a human happy meal.

Everyone got out of the car and took in their surroundings "Lovely middle of nowhere" Lauren said "Not helping"Rebecca said. Jack took out his phone to see that he still had signal, thank god the cell towers were still working. Jack quickly clicked on to the maps,  so they were still in Dublin but it was the empty part, lovely. Jack looked up the nearest petrol station, the result came back straight away. "So how far away is it??" Rebecca questioned "One mile". 

Rebecca and Lauren looked at Jack like he was crazy "One mile, that's not gonna happen" Lauren said, Jack didn't like the idea of traveling one mile in the dark in the middle of nowhere just as much as Lauren and Rebecca but it was the only way they would survive.

It took a minute but Jack convinced the girls to make the journey.

Before setting off they went to the bute to check if there was anything that they could use as a weapon, just to there look there was a full golf set. Lauren took a 9 iron, Rebecca took a 8 iron and Jack took a wedge, now they were ready to leave.

The three of them set off down the road, I feel like there should be a wizard of oz joke in there. 

**** 

Just ten short minutes of running and walking and they finally got to the petrol station and they didn't want to be in there a minute longer then they had to be.

Jack went to the back of the shop and found petrol containers and grabbed six of them, when he was at the back he could hear banging coming from the other side of a door, before leaving he went a check the door only to find it locked, thank god he thought.

Lauren and Rebecca stayed inside the shop getting food and drinks for the journey ahead. Jack quickly ran out to the pumps and began to fill up the containers, he got six so each person can hold two. 

When Jack finished filling up the containers Rebecca and Lauren ran out to him, "Okay we can leave now" Lauren said as she took two containers and walked ahead of Jack. Rebecca walks to him and took another two containers, it was a little awkward for her to hold as she was already holding the bags with the food and drinks.

When they got to the road all of the lights in the petrol station suddenly shut off and so did the street lights ahead of them "Shit!!" Lauren shouted. They all took out their iphones and turned on the flashlight but it barely helped light up the road but it would do. 

They all walked very fast, always keeping an eye behind them. Lauren pointed her flashlight all around, she pointed it into the field beside the road only to see something that scared the shit out of her and probably the other two, it was a giant horde of corpses. In shock Rebecca dropped the bag of drinks "Shit" she whispered but that wasn't what got there attention it was glass bottle that was rolling out of the bag. Half of the horde looked over to see them "Hi" Jack said sarcastically. One corpse made a run for Jack and he quickly dropped the containers and lifted up the golf club and when he was at the right distance to hit it he swung as hard as he could knocking it to the ground, it was about to get back up when he went for another swing which killed it when he slammed into his head.

More and more corpse ran at them "Run!!!!!" lauren shouted. After running for a second she dropped one of the containers and turned around, she ripped a strip off of her top and opened the lid and then she put the clot into the container leaving a bit of it out, she whipped out a light from her pocket and set light to the clot and through it at the horde. There was a flash of bright light then dim light from the fire that was burning the run corpses, some of them were running in circles but some of them were still chasing them but they didn't have to worry about the horde, good thinking lauren. A corpse came running for Lauren she was ready, she raised her club into the air and swung as hard as she could into its face giving it a face full of a 9 iron, it fell to the ground but didn't get back up.

They didn't stop running it felt like they were running for ever, they nearly ran past the car luckily one of them spotted it. Jack quickly popped open the tank and poured the petrol as fast as he could. He hopped into the driver's seat and roared the engine to life he slammed down on the on pedal bringing the car to full speed, he stopped the car and put it in reverse they couldn't go forward so they had to go around a different way.

Lauren went through the bag of drinks and pulled out a bottle of coke and then past Jack a bottle of water, just as he took it out of her hand he got a text notification, he picked up his phone but kept an eye on the road. when he read the text his heart dropped it was a text he was expecting it was from Lorna "WE NEED HELP!!"

So that's it for another chapter I hope you liked it, yes yes I know its shorter than the rest but he wants ya gonna do.
Don't forget to vote for this a share it 

So where do you think Lorna is and is Jazmine with her find out next time

BYEEEE till next time