mingyu - coffee pt.2

-
finally finished it after a month or two
-

Mingyu and his old school mate finally finished talking by the time the coffee shop closed, he then realized of his (Y/N) disappearance.

''Oh- did (Y/N) go to the bathroom?" he asked, as he scanned the now empty coffee shop, aside from himself, his friend and the workers.

She looked at him with a sigh, "Mingyu, she left two hours ago'' she said quietly.

Mingyu widened his eyes as he blinked. Was he so caught up in the female that he forgot about the one that brought him here in the first place. He quietly cursed on under his breath, now feeling horrible about the whole thing.

''I need to go'' was all he said before he left, not that Jaemin protested, she felt more at fault.

-

He looked at his phone, messages from Wonwoo the only ones filling his notification feed.

'Mingyu' 7:23pm

'Why isn't (Y/N) answering my texts?' 7:30pm

'You better be with her and not answering my texts' 8:02pm

'You messed up didn't you' two minutes ago

'Kim Mingyu I swear' now

He smack his forehead as he kicked the small rocks that were sitting in his way. He felt like an idiot.

-

He stood at her door, not light on inside the house. He groaned as he leaned against the pillars near the entrance. He knew texting her would be futile, but he needed to get this right, set it straight. But he doubted she would forgive him.

He gather his thoughts together as he knocked his knuckles against the wooden door, stepping back to wait a bit. After a few moments, he saw the door open, revealing a small figure. His eyes scanned her face, tear stained and puffy eyes. He gulped as he took all these observations in.

''What do you want Wonwoo I thought not answering a text meant-''

Her eyes fell upon his figure. She knew that wasn't the Wonwoo she knew, way too tall for it to be.

She bit her lip as she turned back to head inside, the only thing stopping her was his hand gripped to her wrist. She sniffled as she tried to remove his hand from her reach.

''Please- two minutes'' was all that was said, making her sigh.

''There is nothing to talk about, it's nothing of importance anyways'' she said bitterly.

He flinched at the venomous words that left her lips, but nevertheless held what confidence he had brought with him in the first place.

''You know I didn't mean that, I haven't seen her in ages, I didn't think she would take all of my attention'' he spoke quietly.

Her hand clenched in a fist as she wiped a tear with her free hand.

''But she did, you ignored me, and you want me to still listen to you for sixty more seconds?" she spoke, voice getting smaller and quieter with every passing moment.

''I messed up, I ruined probably the most important moments for you, you had something to say didn't you? It's important, and I want to listen'' he said, taking one step closer.

''It's nothing really, just me admitting my feelings for you that started since I met you. But like I said before, it's nothing of importance, what can you do with the information anyways''

She was sniffling between few words, tears falling to the concrete entrance way.

He was shocked, yet he couldn't find the words he needed to say to make this end properly.

''I- (Y/N)''

She took this time to remove her hand from his, stepping back into her home. Before being able to close the door on him, he quickly snapped out of his daze, stepping inside. He stood frozen, holding the door for himself whilst you tried to close it.

''Please don't make this harder than it should be, you have a packed schedule tomorrow''

''I should be the one to say that, you haven't let me say anything''

She sighed as she stopped her attempt, standing with her arms crossed over her chest.

He took a deep breath as he tilted her chin, making her face him. Her gaze switched to the floor, a frown on his features.

''Please look at me'' he requested.

She only had the courage to look at his hair, "This is best you're getting, don't complain'' she noted.

He felt a smile tug at his lips, "Never fail to be stubborn huh?"

''I'm sorry I took your feelings and threw them under the bus, considering them unimportant. Now knowing that you like me makes it more than important, it means I can finally do this''

His hand cupped her cheek, and he pressed his lips to her forehead.

''I know kissing you directly would conclude in you smacking my face, which I deserve for the way I acted, so I'll start small, only if you're willing to try again''

Although she had every reason and right to be upset at him, a small smile plastered itself on her features, "Alright, I'm willing to''

Mingyu's famous grin rested on his lips, his finger wipe the last stray tear from her face.

''Great, I'll meet you at the Coffee Shop, same time like today, no distractions and no old friends to disturb us. Sound good?" he said, his regular courageous self appearing once the atmosphere seemed to be a bit more brighter then before

''Sounds good" she answered.

''See you tomorrow then, don't worry about my schedule, I'll be there before you think'' he said.

With that, he turned towards the exit, planting a kiss on her cheek before exiting. He was halfway down her driveway when he turned his head.

''Wear that cute outfit of yours tomorrow, I'd appreciate it'' he hinted, before finally disappearing from her sight.

She laughed to herself as she closed the door, leaning against it.

''I still wonder why I like him, till I realize why I do in the first place''

-

almost forgot to make this, the ending sucks tho.

I wanted to make this a sad ending but like I realized I can't make a sad ending.

-