s.coups - ribbon

inspired by BEAST — Ribbon

She told herself she was happy, that things were better now. She had found herself doing what she loved, living a normal life. Yet, she knew something was off. She couldn't hold on to something she held so close to her. To this day she regretting not keeping him close, not letting him go first.

Seungcheol.

She wondered how he was these days. How the other guys were. There were often times she would wonder if they were eating and staying healthy, unlike the beginning where they were pressured by the company to appeal to a bigger fan base in order to increase their profits.

But more importantly, she hoped he was doing well. As the leader for the group, there must still be a high role of responsibility placed on him. 

"Choelie!" She had called out, surprising the male when he heard her call him. He dropped his bag as the ran towards her, leaving the other members to close the door and leave after a while.

She jumped into his arms, wrapping her arms around him as she clinged to his upper body. His toned arms circled her torso as he pressed his lips to her forehead, then a few times on her lips.

After a long tour, with long phone and video calls, it wasn't unexpected that the pair were eager to make up for lost time.

But don't get her wrong, she was more than supportive of her boyfriend's career that had him visit countries around the world. How he talked about the little trinkets he picked up on his travels for her.

However, she didn't realize that same career would be the reason the pair had lost one another.

He had grown popular, and so his company had been more restraining, finally putting the dating ban over the group. Most of the boys, if not many, were not affected unlike their leader, who was forced end his relationship with someone he didn't want to let go.

And she accepted that, she knew if things were different, that he wouldn't be doing what he did best; performing and doing what he loved. He promised he would be back for her, but it's been months, almost a year since the had last communicated. And with the relationship ending, so did the friendship between the other members, for her sake over their own. She knew they would tell her that their decision wasn't the greatest, how they could try and go against the companies wishes. But she knew better, and found herself (slowly, but surely) going back to normal after the time after the breakup, where it was acceptable to mourn and find yourself at a point where pain and weakness was all you knew. Better known as the post-break up phase.

Sure the rare dreams where the pair were happily married and together like it had been before would appear, but she knew once she woke up, only his familiar scent would remain. Something however she wouldn't be able to do is return his sweater she had taken way back when.

(y/n) took a seat on the bus, inserting her earbuds and playing a old playlist from her phone. Her eyes stared out the window, since her stop was the station that was a long time away.