mingyu - coffee pt.1

A/N

I don't know what I was going for in this imagine, I guess it's sorta sad?  But there's a happy ending, so really don't know for to describe this. Enjoy!

-

12/26 [edited 12/28]

-

[The use of I's is intentional for this imagine]

I was your typical movie cliché. I fell in love with my best friend, but instead of that happy ending I was hoping for I got something different.

He always took care of me, regardless of how much I protested against it, yet I was always happy when he did. He always got me food whenever my lazy butt couldn't get off the couch. He was always there whenever I couldn't grab that cup of the shelf, his height was one of the many things I loved about him, but I couldn't tell him of my feelings. Well I wanted to, but I never get my chance, but today's the day.

I asked him if we could go out for coffee, but being the clueless character in this story, he thought he meant as friends. Friends. That word was like my enemy, it always taunted me, it would tell me that I was stuck being his friend, not that I minded though. But it would be better to be his girlfriend. Going on a date with him is a dream of mine.

I wore my best clothes. A black skirt with a white button-up shirt tucked in. I also wore my tan coloured jacket and suede shoes. It was the beginning of autumn, and what better way to get into the season with a matching outfit. I wore my hair like it always was, but I still combed it to perfection. Those pesky flyaways always like to ruin my mood, but not today. Today was the day.

Did I mention that the only people that knew of my crush on the visually appealing boy was his band mates?

It was high school where I first befriended Mingyu, and years later, I befriended his band members. Of course out of the whole band I was the closest to Mingyu, but I still considered the guys to be trusted, so I told them of my confession problems with the Rapper. Surprisingly, they haven't told him, which I was more than grateful.

I made my way to the coffee shop, which I thought was a great place considering how much he enjoyed coffee and the sorts. Opening the door, the small bell rang, which allowed the staff to know of a new customer arriving. I heard my name being called, a smile on my lips as I headed towards the welcoming voice of my friend.

''Hey!" he quickly greet me, making me quickly greet him.

"Hey sorry! Did I make you wait long?" I asked him, he shook his head as he wore a warm smile.

"Nope" he said popping the 'p', "You literally came in a few minutes after I sat down, you look great by the way" he said, complimenting the outfit I took half an hour to prepare, which I wasn't going to admit out loud. I blushed and thanked him.

In an instant, we were caught in a conversation, mostly about his life than mine. I wasn't doing much with my life, unlike himself. He was an idol for one, and what was I? A girl who's still in university.

We ordered two Hot-Chocolates to warm up after the cold of Autumn both hitting us while travelling here.

Everything was going great. When the drinks would come, I would tell him, straight up, no stalling. I was pretty confident, considering I practiced for the longest time in front of the mirror, even to my large stuffed bear.

After a few minutes of constant chatter, the drinks had arrived. We both thanked the warm worker, before blowing on our drinks. He was the first to take a sip, before I did myself. The cafe was known for the amazing drinks, and I was no disappointed in the least.