Chapter Forty-Six, Part Two

Beginne am Anfang

I limped over to the door with the envelope in my hand and waltzed through the halls, looking for any nurses or charts in front of each numbered door. On the way there, I picked up a small bandage and wrapped it around my cut finger. I kept walking from there. I didn't see her name until the last door of the corridor.

I smiled widely and turned the knob and strolled in.

A battered and bruised, distressed eighteen year-old girl sat on her bed, staring out the open window. She turned her head towards me. The exposed black circles underneath her tired eyes were dark and made her look older. Her tangled, messy bed hair sat her on head. Her body had stitches and bandages everywhere, and her arms were discolored. Her face was pale and lacked expression.

When she saw me right there in person, her lifeless face lit up like a Christmas tree in a dark home.

Even in this condition, she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.

:~:~:~:

Alex's POV

Harry Styles walked into my room... and I cried. I screamed with joy and nearly passed out from the lack of air in my lungs. The whole scene was like a fangirl meeting her idol after years just staring at him through a screen.

"Oh, my God, you're conscious now!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around his neck. I ignored the stinging pain on the back of my head and the not-completely healed stitches and continued showering Harry's face with kisses. I jumped and wrapped my legs around his waist, his hands catching them in perfect time. It was like a part of a romantic movie where every girly girl paused at because she lacked that element in her life. I finally had that, but it was in a totally wrong situation. I shouldn't be so happy right now... I wondered if he had read what was in that letter.

"H-Harry-" I managed to spit out after the surreal feeling of seeing him alive and breathing, instead of the weak and vulnerable person he was when the whips... oh, God. I didn't want to think about that now.

His lips pressed onto mine right in the middle of my sentence, and my brain that just came out of this minor concussion was delirious again. I missed his sweet, husky taste in my mouth. Just the feeling of the warmth of his tongue and body against mine made my head spin. My world stopped breathing and just focused on the way he held my ass, cupping both sides tightly and squeezing them often. My thighs closed on him more so; it was like my body didn't want him to leave me again. I couldn't bear him being hurt and away from me. Again, I was turning more selfish.

"D-Don't-" I tried to slip, but the way Harry nibbled on my bottom lip for entrance made my insides arouse and quiver. I felt my sensitive area growing fond of the idea of losing myself to this boy. I wanted to tell him so badly that we couldn't and how wrong it would be, mainly because of the content inside of the envelope. The letter that would change our worlds.

He spun around and pressed my back against the door. He shifted my weight onto one of his sides and locked the door with two fingers. He set me down for a split second, only to pull the big one-person love-seat from the corner over and propped it underneath the door knob. He gestured for me to hop on him again, so I did.

My legs hooked around his slender waist again, and my hands were tangled deep inside his luscious, curled hair. Harry made the first move and, before pressing them against mine once more, licked his lips until they were glossy and wet.

Harry made a small smirk after he caught me eyeing those lips hungrily. Teasingly, like the little shit he was, he pecked both of my cheeks, the tip of my nose, my forehead, and both of my eye lids gently, just barely touching my skin. The wetness of his tender lips made my skin crawl and left me wanting more.

Then the reality of it all came back. I pushed Harry away with a little bit of force and sat up, running my fingers through my tangled hair.

"Harry," I said raspy, still not recovered from the make-out session.

"Ugh, what?" Harry smiled at me. I reached over and traced every line on his face that visible to me at that moment. My thumb pressed against the deep dimple on my smooth cheek as a sad smile flashed upon my face. He noticed right away, stroking my arm softly. "What's wrong, love?"

"I... um," I began, but then my voice cracked a bit. No, don't cry. This was a serious thing to talk about. "I have something to tell you."

"Oh, lord, that's never good," Harry attempted to joke with a small grin, but it washed away quickly. He set his hand down on his lap. "Tell me, Alex."

"Have you read the letter?" I said carefully. My eyes were watery, yet I saw Harry's clear expression. It went from concerned to a hard, grave look.

"No."

"Please do so," I whispered. Harry swung his legs over to the side of the bed and reached towards the ground for the white envelope. "Say every word out loud."

"I want to know something first, before I read this," Harry said quietly, matching my feelings of anxiety and sadness. "Do you love me the way you said you did? Tell me that whatever is in this letter, it wouldn't ever change that amount of love. Please, Alex, because obviously this piece of paper is tearing you apart from the inside out. You're all I have, and that makes me the happiest man."

By now, the tears I had swallowed back was trickling down my warm cheeks. "It will never change. I love you so much, Harry. I-I honestly can't remember life before meeting you in that dark alley with your 'friends'. I just... I love you so much, it fills me with happiness and pain. This love is extremely risky because I became so fragile to your every move. I love you, Harry."

"I love you so fucking much, Alex," Harry grinned with genuine happiness spreading on his now glassy green eyes. I loved those green eyes. He held my hand then took a deep breath before ripping the envelope open with one hand and his teeth.

Our intertwined hands were dropped as the letter was opened. I could clearly read his every thought as his eyes progressed lower on the paper. My body trembled ever so slightly as my anxious stomach churned.

Please say something.

His large hands crumpled the paper with such anger and ferociousness. Harry tossed the paper into the waste bin and lit it on fire with a lighter that was in his shirt pocket.

"Harry!" I cried out as I scrambled after him. He was already half way through the long hall with a trail of fury after him. "Harry!"

No. Please come back! My mind screamed as I fell to my knees. My hands covered my drenched face as I cried for him to return to my side.

I never realized that it would be one of the last moments that I will see my beloved.