Chapter Seven

Finally, we've arrived at the Rostavos mansion. It looks pretty similar to the Blackthorn mansion in size and decorations, but there are also some things here and there that makes them different. I stood there gaping at the huge building before moving to follow Isabell and the others through the door.

"That guy there is Prince Aaron, and the other one is Prince Isaac. They're twins, like us, but their personalities are complete opposites." Isabell looked around to make sure no one is listening before she continued, "Prince Aaron is a womanizing Casanova, while Prince Issac is sweet and caring."

"Oh." I looked at the princes one more time before a butler ushered me to the room I would stay in, they looked identical. Same hair, same eyes, unlike me and Isabell.

I looked around my room, and found it to be a bit plain. I thought they would have gold decorations and stuff all around the room, but the Blackthorn mansion, and now the Roatavos mansion, proved me wrong.

There was, however, two areas inside the room. The living room, and the bedroom. The living room was small and cozy, with a small fireplace and four chairs around a table. There was a chandelier in the bedrooom, small, but still a chandelier. The bathroom was what you'd expect inside a mansion, a tub, shower, toilet bowl and sink. The interesting part is that the shower also works as a steam room, and the bathtub has those massaging water things, but I'll try those out later.

I still have several hours until the party starts, so I laid down on the bed to take a small nap.

*****
"Beatrice! Beatrice wake up!" I woke up to the sound of Isabell shouting, "You only have an hour to get ready! What were you thinking? Sleeping at a time like this."

I only intended to take a small nap for an hour or two, since we arrived a little after noon, and the party starts at six. "Sorry! I thought I'd wake up after an hour or two!"

"Oh well. Since most of the maids are finishing the final touches to the party area, or putting out the food, I'll help you get ready." She picked out a black gown, black diamond stud earrings, a diamond crown, a moon necklace and a star bracelet for me to put on. I put them on without any trouble, and she started putting on my makeup, doing my hair, and painting my nails.

Looking in the mirror, I saw a princess similar to Isabell. Except that for black, she has white instead. "Is that me? Wow. I can't believe it."

Proudly smiling at her masterpiece, Isabell nodded then pulled me downstairs to a big area, which I assume is the ballroom.

"They did a great job this year. It's much more prettier than the years before." Isabell commented as she gave an apprehensive glance around the room.

"Oh look! There's Lindia, let's go talk to her." With that, she pulled me to where our sister is standing by the drinks table.

"Hey Isabell, Beatrice. You guys look so alike! I can't even tell you guys apart!" Lindia joked while smiling at us.

"Well, we her eyes are blue while mine is green. Also, her hair is completely black." Isabell emphasized on the 'black'.

"Except for that. But still, you guys are so beautiful!" Grinning at someone behind our shoulders, she added, "And Prince Isaac is coming this way!"

Wiggling her eyebrows at Isabell, she grasped my hand and pulled me away from them. Just to make sure, I asked, "Isabell likes Prince Isaac, doesn't she?"

"Yes! So I've been making more chances for them to be together, since I'm pretty sure Isaac feels the same way." Lindia looks really happy for them, so I decided to help her.

"I want to help you." I blurted out.

"What?"

"I want to help you." I repeated.

"Really? I'm so happy! So I was thinking that we could host a tea party tomorrow afternoon, and seat them next to each other. Also, tomorrow is movie night, so we could do the same thing."

"Don't tell me there are movie theaters in the Blackthorn and Rostavos mansions." Actually, I already know what she's gonna say.

"There are. But I think ours is more comfy, since Isabell and I decorated it."

Suddenly, we stopped in front of a crowd of girls. Curious, I asked Lindia, "What's happening?"

Rolling her eyes, she answered, "Just your usual womanizing Prince Aaron and his fangirls."

"Oh. Let's go another way, I don't want to be caught up in all that."

Agreeing, Lindia silently nodded her head as we walked away. Just as I caught a glimpse of Prince Aaron, I thought he frowned at me. Maybe it was just me, though.

"Look, Isabell is already dancing with Prince Isaac!" Lindia exclaimed while pointing at the center of the dance floor. Sure enough, Isabell was dancing with sparkling eyes.

"I can't wait to plan the tea party for tomorrow!" With that, we sat down at one of the side tables and started planning the tea party.

"Ahem." Someone cleared their throat behind me. The expression on Lindia's face told me she was surprised to see that person here.

I turned around and saw Prince Aaron standing there. "Hi, how may I help you?" I asked politely, while all I wanted to do was slap that arrogant smirk off his face.

"May I have this dance, Beatrice?" Holding out his hand, the smirk was still on his face.

"Yes, you may." Taking his hand, I looked back at Lindia, who was giving me a thumbs up sign.

What good does that do?

"So..." Aaron started.

"What is it, Prince Aaron?" I wanted to get this over with already. I hope Beatrice's personality is like mine, or else I'm so doomed.

"Haha, you still hate me, don't you?" Seems like the actual Beatrice and I are more similar than I thought.

"Yes, yes I do."

"I already apologized, didn't I? Can't you just leave that in the past?" For a little bit, the smirked vanished. But just as quickly, it appeared again.

"Sorry, but no." Thankfully the song stopped then. Pulling my hand away from him, I went back to Lindia to ask her about what happened.

"How was it?" She asked.

"It was okay, but he had that smirk on the whole time. By the way, what did he do to Beatrice? He asked me to forgive him, but I said no."

Grimacing, Lindia said, "I'll tell you when the party's over, okay? Here's not the place."

It must be pretty bad then. I hope it's not something that actually makes me hate him that badly.

*****

"Come, come." Lindia said as Isabell and I followed her to their room.

"So what happened between Aaron and Beatrice?" As soon as I sat down, I blurted out the question that's been nagging at me the whole night.

"Um... I'm not really sure, but it seems like he kissed another girl in front of her, while they were dating." Isabell quietly said.

"What?! They were dating?" Oh no. This just made everything more complicated. "No, no, no. This can't be happening. How will I face him tomorrow?"

"It's okay, Isabell and I got it all covered. Just be yourself, okay?" Lindia patted my leg assuringly.

Stifling her yawn, Isabell added, "Let's talk more tomorrow. I'm getting so tired."

"Okay, goodnight!" I bid them goodnight, and went back to my room.

Taking off the dress and accessories, I changed into my nightgown. Clearing my face of makeup, I washed my face with a washcloth afterwards. As soon as I laid down, I succumbed to my tiredness and fell asleep within seconds.