Chapter Five

It's been several weeks since I came here, and in a few more days, the Blackthorn Princesses - Isabell, Lindia, and I, will attend a ball held by the neighboring kingdom Rostavos.

My lessons with Louis have paid off, I'm more "princessy" compared to when I first came here, but next to Isabell and Lindia, I still need some work.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" Isabell exclaimed while bursting through the door, but she stopped and frowned when she saw me, "It's already ten in the morning, and you're still wearing your... Pajamas?"

"Yup." Just to irritate her, I made myself even more comfortable in my bed, "What's up?"

"You wouldn't believe it." Without waiting for my response, she continued, "Because of certain reasons, the King of Rostovos decided to hold the ball in three days, instead of eight. Counting today."

"Oh my gosh indeed." My brain stopped working for a second. I still don't think I'm ready to play the role of Isabell's twin, and Lindia's sister.

"...so then, I decided, why not go shopping today?" Isabell was still talking as I was zoning out.

"Wait. What? Right now?" I asked, bewildered.

"No, silly. Weren't you listening? I still have to ask my parents, and get the car ready. So we'll leave some time in the afternoon."

"Oh." Well, then I still have some time to do whatever I want.

"What about Lindia?"

"She doesn't like shopping as much as I do. Also, she's busy doing the homework her tutor assigned."

"Okay." I expected her to leave, but she just sat down and looked at me weirdly. "What?"

"Go pick out the outfit you want to wear later." She paused, "And Louis gave you some new shoes."

Obediently, I changed into the most comfortable outfit I can find. A light blue t-shirt, with a dark blue short-sleeved hoodie, a pair of black jeans, and a pair of high heeled black and blue sport shoes. Every pair of shoes in my closet is high heeled.

"Okay. Pretty good. Now," She took a deep breath, "My stylists will help you get ready."

"Your own stylists?" I asked, wide-eyed.

"Yup." Not giving any more information, she took me to the makeshift salon in the middle of my room.

Her stylists were Lucy, the hair stylist, Emily, the pedicure and manicure pro, and Kelly, the makeup artist. After a few exchanged words, they got started.

*****

"Okay. Turn around." Isabell's eyes shone with excitement.

I walked to the full-length mirror, and just stared. The girl in the mirror looked nothing like Bailey, er, Beatrice. She's a prettier and better version of her.

Lucy straightened my hair, and gave it a little trim, making it a slightly rebel-looking hairstyle. Kelly gave me the perfect makeup, not too dramatic, but not too plain either - a perfect combination of black and blue, which goes really well with my outfit. Last, Emily painted my nailes sparkly blue, with thin black lines crisscrossing on top.

"Wow... I look so different." I breathed.

*****

Soon after lunch, we were on our way to the shopping district. I've been staying at the Blackthorn vacation house all this time, and because it's closer to the Rostovos castle, we are going to the Blackthorn estate right after we finish.

While we were shopping, the servants will move my clothes to the Blackthorn Estate from the vacation home.

"Try this one." Isabell said, while handing me a short, black party dress.

"No way." I shook my head, "It's too short."

"Aww, come on." This time, she pulled out an even shorter dress from the clothes rack, and grinned mischievously, "Or this one."

"Okay, okay. Fine." I took the black dress, and went into the changing room.

In the end, we ended up buying several dresses, but also t-shirts, shorts, and pants for me.

As a surprise, we also bought a "costume" for Halloween, which is coming in about month.

On the way to where our limo was waiting for us, we giggled and chatted, just like normal girls our age.

The chauffeur opened the door for us, and we got into the limo. Shopping with Isabell was so much fun that I didn't feel tired at all, until I sat down.

"Urgh, my legs are so tired. Do we really have to wear high heeled shoes all day?"

"Yup. You'll get used to it though." Isabell started to look through the mini fride in the limo. After a few seconds, she handed me a bottle of apple juice, and got a bottle of grape juice for herself.

"How much longer until we get there?" I sighed. We've been in the limo for who-knows-how-long, and I'm getting bored at watching some sort of TV show on the mini TV.

"Almost. About..." Isabell looked out the window, "Ten minutes to half an hour."

"Okay." It's not as long as I thought.

A little over twenty minutes later, we were pulling up to a humongous mansion. The whole mansion is several times larger than the vacation house, and who knows how large the whole estate is.

*A/N* I have an exam... Er... Mid-term test for these two days (Tuesday and Wednesday), so I apologize for updating a bit slow ╮(╯_╰)╭

~ PrincessxDarkness