Chapter Four

"...tris... Beatrice, wake up... Beatrice..."

"Not yet... Five more minutes." I answered sleepily.

"If you want to have enough time to eat breakfast, you have to get up now."

Trying to clear the cobwebs in my head, I covered my head with the blanket.

"Oh no." I groaned as soon as everything came back to me, "Why do I have to wake up so early?"

"Because, preparation takes a long time, and so does eating breakfast." The voice, which I recognized as Isabell's, answered.

"Princess Beatrice, please take a shower before you begin the day." I see two maids standing by Isabell.

"My name is Sara." The dark haired one said while curtsy-ing.
"And my name is Jenny." The sandy haired one did the same thing.

"Just Beatrice will do. And please no curtsy-ing." I yawned while slowly making my way to the bathroom.

"Of course." They replied in unison.

"I've got to prepare first. Lindia will keep you company during breakfast." Isabell waved as she walked out.

*****

After a nice, warm shower, Sara and Jenny spent a whole hour getting me ready for the day.

They picked a nice dark blue, knee length dress, and a matching pair of ballet flats. They curled my black hair into gorgeous curls, and tyed it back into a ponytail professionally. Making me look presentable, but feel comfortable at the same time.

Knock, knock. "It's me, Isabell."

"Come in." I said while reading one of the books I borrowed from the library, waiting for breakfast to be served.

"We're going to eat breakfast together!" Lindia clapped her hands.

Since there wasn't enough place for the three of us, we decided to have breakfast in the dining room.

We chatted while we ate a very filling breakfast of eggs, sausages, ham, and mashed potatoes, with a choice of milk, apple juice or orange juice.

"So... How was the lesson?" Isabell suddenly asked.

"Urgh... Tiring." I said while sighing in a very exaggerated way.

"Today's going to be even worse." Lindia had a mischievous glint in her eyes. That can't be good.

*****

A few minutes after the sisters left for their own lessons, I was sitting in a comfy chair reading the book I started earlier.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Louis came in, holding a shoe box under his arm.

"What's that for?" I asked while putting my book away.

"Today's lesson." He gave me the box, "Put these on."

"High heels? Are you kidding me?" The heels look beautiful, black straps that would go with almost everything, but I don't wear anything higher than 3 centimetres.

"No. I'm not. You're going to need a lot of time getting used to them." He said, completely serious.

"But they're so uncomfortable and I can't do anything while wearing high heels." I whined.

"Well, then. Sara! Jenny!" He called out.

They came through the door in a hurry, "Yes?" I'm guessing they were cleaning a nearby room.

"Take away every pair of shoes Princess Beatrice owns. Put them in my room for the time being." That tutor from Hell! He's really a devil in disguise!

"Now, you'll have to wear them." Louis handed me the pair of heels, "Put them on."

After putting them on, I tried walking from one side of the room to the other. I know I looked ridiculous.

"Okay, stop. Stop." Louis sighed as I sat down in the comfy chair, "You need lots of practice. Come on."

For the rest of the day, Louis helped me practice walking in those killer heels and doing things while wearing them.

"I'm done." I groaned as I flopped down in the chair, "My feet is killing me."

"Well done, Beatrice. I guess that's enough for today." Louis sat in a chait opposite from me, looking at me with an amused expression.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Then why are you looking at me like that?"

"It's nothing. I've got some preparing to do, so I'll see you tomorrow." I groaned as he walked out.