Chp 12

Jayvon

I texted Rose to tell her I'm on my way but I didn't get a response. She must still be getting ready for our date tonight. I can't wait to show her the surprise I've been working on.

A few minutes later, I knocked on Rose's door. No response. I knocked again. Still no response.  I tried the doorknob and the door opened. That's strange, Rose always keeps the door locked. I walked in the apartment searching for Rose.

"Rose?" I checked the bedrooms, the bathrooms, closets, kitchen and hall. Rose is nowhere to be found. I called her phone and heard it ringing, I followed the sound to Rose's bedroom and found the phone on her bed. I picked up the phone and found a piece of paper underneath it.

I have your girl, if you try to come for me I will hurt her or claim her for myself.
Meet me under the tree at Sycamore Lane at eleven. Don't make me wait.

I scrunched the paper in my hand, who will take Rose away from me and why? Trisha. Where's Trisha? I dialled Joshua's number and heard his phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"Joshua is Trisha with you?" Please say yes.

"Yeah. Trisha is with me, why are you asking?" I sighed in relief.

"I think someone kidnapped Rose." Joshua let out a string of curses, he loves Rose like a sister.

I told Joshua about the note and what it said. I'm just praying to the Almighty that Rose is unharmed.