I felt like such a bitch to even think that. But really, I would never want them to fight.

"I think so too," I said.

"So when did he get here?" I asked, nonchalantly after a while.

"Who?" he asked with a confused expression.

I looked at him, my brows furrowed. Did he not know his brother was in town? What kind of a brother was he?

"Kidding!" he said, chuckling.

"You look so cute when you are confused," he said with a cheeky smile.

I was one hundred percent sure I was blushing. Oh my God! Ashton McArdle thought I look cute. Well, at least we were getting somewhere. I didn't dare look at him. I couldn't let him see me blushing.

Then he started telling me about his summer vacations with his family which consisted of the twins and their parents. How they went to different places and returned just yesterday night. Listening to him talking about his family was making me smile as well as feel a little jealous at the same time. He had a perfect family. But then again, what family would be perfect with a member like Asher? But it was.

Now that I thought of it that way, Asher was one lucky ass. He'd got everything. A loving family, great friends, good looks. Eww! I shouldn't have said the last part. I mean, he was on the cover of every popular magazine at just the age of eighteen. His career was over the top and here I didn't even know what I wanna become.

Dad and I went to vacations too and they were awesome. But it wasn't the same. I also wanted a family like his. I also wanted a mom with whom I could share my secrets, with whom I could talk about the boy I liked. Hell, she could even ground me for being late or difficult, but at least she would be there.

"You okay?" Ashton asked me. I must have zoned out.

I nodded.

"See you around then," he said and went the other way.

I looked out the window the entire period. Thinking about her always made me sad. I never showed it to anyone. I liked to keep it to myself. It was like a secret between me and my mom. Even though I didn't remember her I was sure she was awesome. My dad still loved her just as much. That's why he was still single after fifteen years of her death.

****

"And I told them I would never do that. I mean, who in their right mind would do that..."

Cue to zone out. If you were wondering who was I talking to it's my BFF Brooke. We were both waiting for our food in the cafeteria. She was going on and on about some incident that happened to her when she was in Spain this summer to live with her father. And trust me I had heard this story hundred times. Both on the cell phone, just after it happened and so many other times in person, it was difficult to keep an account. She never got tired of telling it again and again.

After taking our lunch we went to sit at our table.

As soon as Brooke sat down she remembered something and her hazel eyes shone.

"I told you Ashton looks just like Asher Hart and today he looked like his clone. I saw him in my trig class," she chirped. So, I should probably clear this up. Brooke joined the school last year when she moved here with her mom after her parents got divorced. She didn't know that Asher was Ashton's twin and that he used to go here before he moved to L.A. She couldn't make the family connection as Asher used her mother's maiden name as his stage name. So, the pompous jerk Asher McArdle was Asher Hart for the world.

Now, why didn't I let my best friend out of this confusion? Honestly, I couldn't care less about what people thought about Asher and I had definitely no desire to go on correcting them. It was hard enough listening to her fangirling about his latest songs and who he was getting cozy with.