I looked at Emily and my annoyance peaked. She was by far the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. She had beautiful long  legs with a golden glow,  long wavy golden blond hair and big blue eyes that seemed to draw you in. She was wearing a one-sleeved gold dress highlighting her perfect body essentials. 

I frowned. Her behind  was as perky as her breasts.

Emily smiled at me, her face lighting up. “Hello there, beautiful. What’s your name?”

“Rose.” I said, unsmiling. 

Her eyes widened in what could have been realization but it quickly disappeared. 

Christopher stepped in. “Emily this is Rose, a friend.” he put his arms around Emily, pulling her close with a proud smile on his face. “And Rose this is Emily, my best friend.”

Friend? I thought I was his girlfriend.

Jealousy tugged at me---no, not Jealousy. Annoyance.--yes that’s what it was. Annoyance. 

“I was wondering if you wanted to hang out.” I looked at Christopher, ignoring Emily.

He grimaced. “I already have plans with Em, Rose.”

“Oh.” I said, feeling awkward. 

“It’s alright, Chris. She can come.” Emily said, looking at Christopher with her big blue eyes.

“It’s fine.” I said, putting a fake smile on my face.

“Don’t be silly. You’re coming with us.” She commented, smiling at me.

Christopher nodded, grinning. “It’ll be fun.”

**********

We ended up at a crowded club filled with people who basically wanted to get laid. I grimaced at the twentieth girl that walked up to Christopher with their dress hiked up to their thighs and their neckline lower than a porn star’s. Christopher was sitting in a seat  with girls surrounding him, his hands over two slutty girl’s shoulders. He had a drink in each hand and a mischievous look on his eyes. Emily was sitting next to me grinning at Christopher, encouraging him. I was, of course, frowning. 

“Do you want to come to my place?” The girl on his right asked. She had big brown eyes and was talking with the stupid little girl voice that some girls thought was cute.

I scoffed. Where were the girls with class?

 Christopher smirked. “Sorry, babe. There are a lot of hotter girls in this club that I’d rather do.”

Emily laughed at his bluntness. “You’re such an arse, Chris. The Chris I knew is finally back.”

The girl glared at both Emily and Christopher and left, clearly offended.

I picked up my purse and walked away without another word.

“Where are you going babe?” Christopher slurred, laughing.

I called Shay and a few minutes later she showed up in her car. 

I stepped into the car with a huge frown on my face. “He’s such a dick.”

“Now you’ve noticed?” Shay asked, laughing.

“Do you want to go to a tanning salon?” I asked her.