Chapter 37

Jason's POV

I woke up with a yawn and felt Selena cuddled up to my chest.I smiled at how she looked so peaceful, when in reality she's broken.

I got out of bed and got rid of my morning wood then headed down the stairs to the kitchen. After I had my emotional breakdown in front of Selena, we watched a few chick flicks and ended it off with The Conjuring. She was scared as fuck and for some reason that excited me because she was all up in my arms and didn't want to move away from me, like literally, she had me follow her to the bathroom when she wanted to pee with me outside of course. She couldn't sleep for a while that's why she's so tired.

I made breakfast, well I wasn't an expert at cooking so I scrambled some eggs and sausages. Within fifteen minutes I was done and I heard small fragile footsteps. It was Selena. She was in bare underwear and one of my huge sweatshirt with bed head, she looked so beautiful.

"Morning" she said yawning.

"Good morning to you too" I said as she sat on the stool. I placed her plate of eggs and sausages in front of her and took out two glasses of apple juice. We began eating but I couldn't help but notice Selena was barely picking up a small portion of her eggs on the fork and occasionally took a small sip on the apple juice.

"Everything okay?" I asked as she nodded.I nodded and resumed eating but still glanced at her now and then. When I was finally finished Selena had barely eaten half of the food.

I quietly went to the sink and washed up my plate and glass.

"Um thanks for breakfast Jason" She said clearing her throat. I looked back at her and saw it was the same half she had left.

"um you're not finished" I said strictly.

"please don't start this" I heard her whisper since she refused to look at me.

"Don't Start What?!" I snapped but instantly regretted it when I saw she moved her hand to wipe away a tear.

"Just... let me help you, I don't want you to be conscious on your body, you're perfect just the way you are" I said cupping her face forcing her to look at me.

"I just need time, I can't..." she muttered.

"How would you feel if I was starving myself or purging my stomach out?" as soon as the words left my mouth her eyes widened as she whispered a silent "no".

" Good now stop crying, it doesn't suit you"I said as she smiled a bit.

"Will you please try, for me?" I asked as she sniffled and nodded.

She wiped her tears with a tissue and picked up her fork and began eating.

"Jason" she giggled.

"yeah"

"Stop staring at me, it's weird" she said covering her mouth trying to suppress a laugh.

"Sorry" I removed my gaze and picked up the daily newspaper reading the latest crimes. I read that they announced the unsolved case of Orlando.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey you wanna come to the supermarket with me?" I asked Selena who snapped out of focusing on her phone. She was sitting on the sofa and it was around 10:30.

"Huh?... supermarket for what?" she asked.I mentally laughed at her.

"Well we need to get some stuff for the kitchen and you know, stuff... we need to survive somehow" I laughed at her blushing. "keep up babe"

"I-I knew that!" she whispered.

"Relax would you... I'm just pulling your leg, so you wanna go" I asked standing in front of her as she looked up.

"Yeah-but um first I gotta change" she said and got up going into our room. Nothing was wrong with what she was wearing; a pale pink camisole and cotton shorts.

She was ashamed of her scars, but she didn't see them the way I did. They were marks of her battles, battles she fought and won.

I just wish she knew that, if she could only see there's nothing but beauty laying inside of her.

She came back down in a matter of seconds and this time wore long sleeve cardigan over the black Cami and skinny white jeans. She looked great in jeans.

"Ready??" she asked. I nodded and we both headed out after grabbing my phone and car keys.

I drove to the nearest Walmart. To be honest, I've never bothered restocking my fridge,I would just buy random stuff or take out but now Selena was living with me, I couldn't just jeopardize her health.

I picked up a few strawberries, apples and oranges.I saw Selena were watching some mangoes.

"You want some?" I asked.

"No it's fine" she said shaking her head.

"Selena, you know, since you're living in the house, you might as well put a hand in this"I sighed.

" what if.. "

"no 'what ifs' here, don't worry about money, I have a lot and just help me out here" I said a bit frustrated, a bit playful.

She smiled before picking up two mangoes and placed it in the cart. Maybe she likes mangoes.

After a few aisles, we finally were at the cashier.

"Hello there... " the lady in her mid twenties said as she began cashing our items. Usually when I saw condoms I buy them, because you never know when I would get some pussy, but not now, it didn't feel right.

"That'll be $235" the lady said as I handed her my credit card.

"Thank you sir, you and your girlfriend enjoy your day" she said smiling sweetly at us. I quickly thanked her and collected our stuff which stopped Selena from saying anything.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
A/N: Here you are.

Just in case you were wondering, Selena won't resume cutting.

And I updated early, don't you think. I read your comments and was... motivated? whatever I updated early, feel free to leave more ideas or suggestions. Thank you.

Btw yesterday (Friday) was my birthday. Finally turned 17.
xoxo