Bonestroutle.

As the door slowly opened, the fresh, cold breeze of snow welcomed you. But being as numb as you are right now, it didn't bother you.

So, you walked through the snow with the feeling of someone following you. You didn't mind. They'll just end up to dust like what you did to the others, anyway.

As you reached a tall, unwell built gate, you turned around to see a short skeleton standing behind you. His expression seemed shocked. He avoided your gaze by looking at his side. His hands hidden in his jacket.

"uh," he muttered, you smirked and pulled out your hand, you asked him if he's not going to shake your hand. And that sentence alone seemed to bother him. He closed his right eye, a smug grin spreading across his face as he shook your hand. Only for a whoopee cushion to make that disturbing sound.

He chuckled deeply and said, "the old whoopee cushion in the hand trick. it's always-did someone . . . did this to you before? i mean, you just turned around without me ever calling you. weird. anyway, im sans. sans the skeleton."

You furrowed your eyebrows and nodded at what he said, you carried on and passed the bridge yourself, "so, kid. got a name?" He asked, his tone seemed he doesn't care, you were about to say something when, "SANS! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

"quick, into that conveniently shaped lamp." He told you but you didn't move. Instead, you stood mighty still beside him and eyed the tall skeleton which approached you two.

None of the words the two had exchanged sunk into your brain. And the only thing you knew was that the shorter skeleton was staring at you. You stared back at him with a questioning gaze.

"you should stop what you're doing, kid. that is, if you don't wanna have a bad time." And just like that . . . he was gone. You smirked even wider at what he said before giggling maniacally.

You started walking even deeper into the forest of ice. Encountering different varieties of monsters only to be slaughtered by your hands.

At the very end of your exploring, you saw the shorter skeleton standing near a bridge, both of his eyes closed. You approached the skeleton and when you were about to grasp your knife, he opened both of eyes quickly and said, "stay away from my brother, kid." Then, he was gone again.

Soon after, you have reached a small town. The town of Snowdin. No one, not even a single monster was in the town. You could hear the music of the wind slowly changing. It didn't sound as cheery as you first step foot in the place.

The creepy smile on your face never once wavered and seeing the abandoned place had only made you happier in some unknown aspects of it, you checked one of the shops and saw a note in it. Asking almost pleading for you not to harm their family. You giggled aimlessly at what was written, as if it was the most humorous joke you've ever heard. You took all of the money behind the counter and proceeded.

You entered a restaurant called Grillby's and as you entered the place, another strike of familiarity welcomed you. Images, scenery of unknown flashed before your eyes. But you couldn't quite grasp some of it. You tried. But the monsters you were with had their faces scribbled from existence. As if . . . someone was preventing you to remember.

But alas, as you did to the rest of your thoughts, you dismissed them. You left the place leaving behind the familiarity you felt and proceeded to where you could feel a heart beating. Over there. You thought, eyeing a part of the icy forest that was covered with thick fog. You felt all giddy and excited at the thought and proceeded quickly.

As you walked through the foggy place, you saw a silhouette of the monster, "HALT, HUMAN-" You dashed quickly infront of him. You shot your gaze upward to meet his horrid ones, "DO NOT COME ANY FURTHER, HUMAN! I . . . I KNOW YOU COULD CHANGE! A-AND, AND THE ONLY REASON YOU ARE DOING THIS IS BECAUSE . . . YOU HAVE NO FRIEND." you tilted your head at such a word for the word friend does not exist in your vocabulary. Can you touch it?

C A N  I
K I L L  I T ?

"SO I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL BE YOUR FRIEND." with those words lofting in mid air, you smirked and as quick as you can, you raised your knife in the air-

WOWIE!

SANS, IS THAT A HUMAN?!

HUMAN, I HAVE LEFT YOU SOME SPAGHETTI!

YOU . . . YOU LEFT SOME FOR ME?

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH MY LIFE.

YOU . . . WANT TO BE MY FRIEND?

BUT THAT'S OKAY!

NYEH?! FLIRTING?!

BECAUSE I'M STILL WORKING HARD!

I'M A SKELETON WITH REALLY HIGH STANDARDS!

EVEN IF IT'S FOR NOTHING AT ALL!

IT'S OKAY.

HUMAN. . . .

YOU CAN DO BETTER NEXT TIME.

I WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY, TOO.

"I BELIEVE IN YOU."

You watched as his head fell off after you jabbed your knife into his neck. An amused grin spread across your face as the skull of the skeleton slowly turned into dust. You stared down into the scarf that was left and stomped your feet on it before leaving it scattered on the snowy floor.

6 L E F T.

D E T E R M I N A T I O N.