Home.

The wind carefully blew your hair as you walked through the entire RUINS aimlessly. Swinging the knife in your hand effortlessly to every monster that blocks your way. Not even giving them a second chance or even giving them a short glance.

As you heard your footstep's echo stopped when you did, you raised your chin up only to see a small, comfy house in the middle of the RUINS. A tree which leaves had fallen down on the ground stood out in the middle.

Something about this was oddly familiar to you. But you dismissed the thought as the lust for dust and blood spread through your veins. And out of the corner of your eyes, finally, another monster appeared.

"Oh, my! I see that you have found me." The monster smiled, the tone of her voice was something unknown to you but felt so familiar whatsoever. You tilted your head slightly to the side, as if you were a lost puppy, curious of the stranger. But . . . you were a murderous one.

"Oh, forgive me. I am Toriel. Caretaker of the RUINS. I am on my way to see if any human had fallen down. But apparently, you have found my Home. Come in, child." She told you and as eager as you are, you followed her in.

The sweet smell of snail pie welcomed you in. The warmth of the house wrapped around your cold, heartless body, Toriel tapped your shoulders lightly and smiled kindly down at you, "You seemed tired, child. Why not take a rest? I shall bring you your food shortly." She told you and left for the kitchen.

You, surprisingly, did as you were told and walked the opposite way. In the short corridor, you saw a mirror. You stand infront of it only to see. . . .

I T ' S  M E.

Well, who else could it be? You brushed the thought out of your head and walked back to where the chimney was. Toriel was just about to exit the kitchen with a piece of snail pie in her hands, "Oh! Hello." She smiled at you, "I suppose you're hungry. Have some pie."

You did. You took a bite and the flavor quickly exploded through your taste buds. It was . . . it was-You stood up as Toriel was comfortably seated on her comfy couch.

You headed for the kitchen, browsing quietly. You saw a half sliced snail pie laying across the counter.

W H E R E  A R E
T H E  K N I V E S ?

You left the kitchen shortly afterwards and quickly went to Toriel. She was holding a book about snails, "Ah, what is it, child?" She smiled down at you. Slowly putting down the book she was holding.

You asked her how to exit the RUINS. Despite the fact that you were hungry for dust and blood, you decided to ask. Her expression slowly changed, "I," she stopped, sighing shortly after before pushing herself up and dusting her clothes.

"Stay here. I need to finish something important." She told you and soon left.

S I N C E  W H E N
W E R E  Y O U
I N  C O N T R O L ?

You decided to follow the goat monster down the stairs. Of course. Why didn't you think of that?

"Go to your room, child." She told you sternly but you continued to follow her anyway.

Y O U ' R E
N O T
M Y  M O M.

And finally, you caught up with her quick pace. She was facing he door this moment and when she turned around, you felt a quick pang of something unknown strike your chest.

Something about this was so familiar. You just couldn't put your fingers to it. The look on her face only triggered the feeling to get the best of you.

"Do you really wish to leave that bad?" She asked you in a soft, loving tone, you didn't answer, "Very well. Prove to me that you are strong enough to survive." Her voice roared through the long purple corridor.

And you smirked at the thought of what she said, you grasp your knife in your hand and positioned yourself. As you felt your body dash into an inhumanly pace, a voice, as sweet as candies and as soft as a marshmallow spoke.

Which do you prefer? Butterscotch or Cinnamon?

Such filthy creature. Torturing an innocent youth.

Did you just call me . . . 'Mom'?

Oh, you called to say 'hello'? Very well then, Hello! Did that satisfy you?

If you really wish to leave, I ask of you. Do not come back.

Oh, flirting? Ha ha! You are such a funny child. But you shall find someone greater than an old woman like me.

I am TORIEL. Caretaker of the RUINS.

I do not like the game you are playing.

You are . . . an interesting . . . child.

I see now who I am trying to protect by keeping you here.

Be good, would you not?

"You really are no different than them."

As her words echoed through the womb of your brain, you watched as she slowly turned to dust. Leaving your knife stuck in mid air before clattering on the ground.

7 L E F T.

D E T E R M I N A T I O N.