Cooking together.

The weekend had come and Rose still didn't return from her boyfriend's place.

I bet they are having a good time together.

I woke up late and realized that it was too late to have breakfast and too early for lunch so I decided to make brunch.

I got out of my bed and brushed my teeth washed my face and combed my hair after about half an hour I was ready and fresh. Just then the doorbell rang I ran down and opened the door to find Ace standing there. I allowed him to come inside and take a seat.

" I was hungry and wondering if you had anything to eat" he said rubbing the back of his head feeling a bit awkward for being so direct in asking me food.

" no there's nothing here at the moment but I'm gonna prepare brunch so I'll cook for you too." I said.

Just then a thought came to my mind. "Wait why don't we cook together?" I asked as I saw him drinking water from the bottle which was on the table.

"What!  We cooking together? Me? Ace cooking? Never. " he said almost choked.

I laughed seeing how tensed his face became by now.

" of course you are gonna cook. I thought nothing was impossible for you. But here I see that you are scared to cook. Shame on you. " I said mocking at him.

With that he got up went to the kitchen put the apron on him turned to where I was sitting and asked
" what do you want me to do? "

Damn! 

That was impressive.

"Well just boil the pasta on one side while you make the white sauce. Once the pasta is cooked and the white sauce is ready just mix both together and season it up with some herbs which I have on the kitchen counter " I said with a smile on my face.

"Woah I hope it's more easier to do than it sounds."

He took a small pan and filled it full with water and was about to put the pasta when I noticed it and stopped him.

"what now?" he asked.

"no one takes such a small pan for so much  pasta. Don't you have measuring skills? Take a bigger pan" I said.

He took a bigger pan and poured water into it and put the pasta in it and he was stuck yet again.

Yup, great!

He didn't know how to turn on the gas.

I laughed and did it for him and within minutes the water started boiling. He then started with the white sauce and he added few ingredients of his own which I prayed would be good for the pasta.

Seeing that the food was almost ready and that he could manage on his own I lelt him alone in the kitchen and went to set the table.

After a while Ace came with the pasta and placed it on the table. I served a bit on my plate and let him help himself. I then sat down and looked at it for a while.

"don't worry you are not going to die " he said noticing that I hadn't started eating yet.

"We'll see that only after I taste it " I said taking a spoon full of pasta and carefully putting it in my mouth.

Ace stared at me waiting for me to tell him that the pasta was horrible.

But it was actually good.

I wouldn't say that it was the best pasta. But, for a beginner like him it was good.

The only thing was that the salt was less at some places and more at some places and no one adds cauliflower in pastas.

The pasta was very chessy but I like more of cheese so I could manage with that.

"how's it?" he asked looking at me eagerly.

"Ummmm its great. I loved it" I said.

I could have told him the truth but that's gonna make him sad.

He was happy on hearing my comment and started eating it.

"yuck what is this. How are you even eating this. I'm not going to have this thing." He said pushing the plate away from him.

" Firstly respect food. Second don't waste it. Third I seriously liked it. Its the first time you have cooked and for that it tastes great" I said.

He looked at me with a blank expression not able to form words.

" now stop staring at me like that and eat it else I'll finish up your share too and you won't have anything to eat."
With that he took his plate and ate.

I like this side of Ace not the angry and dark side of him.

After eating I washed the dishes while he helped me in putting it away.

When we were done we both sat on the coach to watch TV

" I can't believe Ace Warner son of the richest man in the city just cooked. I never thought I'll be doing that" he said.

" well you still need to work on it. " I replied

He was not that bad after all.