New neighbor

I was woken up because of a sound that I heard coming from out my room window.

I lazily rubbed my eyes and dragged my feet out of the bed. I then saw the clock in my room and realized the time was 8:30 am. Curiosity began to build in me as to what are those sounds outside my room.

Who could possibly be making these noises so early on a Saturday morning?

From the noises it seemed as though big boxes were been moved from one place to another.

I walked to the window and drew the blinds to see a huge truck unloading furniture and moving it into the house.

Just then Rose entered my room her hair wild and her eyes full of sleep she yawned and peeped through the window to see what I was seeing.

"Looks like someone is moving in" she said her eyes still fixed at the view outside.

"Yeah seems like that. Hope its someone friendly" I replied with a sigh.

The previous neighbors were a family of three. Husband wife and a young daughter. They were very friendly and we became pretty close. At times they would drop their little daughter at our place when they were held up at work and honestly she was unlike other kids. She was actually a very sweet kid and we were always glad to keep her company in the absence of her parents. Sadly they vacated a month ago because of a transfer.
Since then the house had been quiet and locked up until this morning.
***************************

"Are you ready????" I yelled from downstairs .

"Yup just a sec" replied Rose from her bedroom.

We are going to the club to celebrate our friend's birthday.

Though we aren't fans of alcohol we still agreed to go because we didn't want to spoil her birthday.

After about an hour we arrived at the club. The atmosphere smelt of alcohol and sweat. The place was dark with abit of dim lights which didn't cause much of a difference. There was loud music at the background. People were dancing and the others were drinking. All the people seemed to be used to this type of atmosphere.

At one end of the club I could see my friend Alexandria with few of our mutual friends they all seemed to be laughing and having a good time there.
Rose and I quickly made our way to the place and greeted everyone there after a little chats and catching up on everyone's lives  we went to the dance floor and began to dance.

While dancing I could feel someone watching me through the corner of my eyes. I just brushed through that feeling and continued dancing. A while later I felt someone touch me and this touch was not a normal touch. It was not an accident it was on purpose. I felt very uncomfortable by the touch so I turned to see who it was and I stopped.

My body froze.

I mentally cursed myself for standing there dumb and not reacting in any possible manner.