Chapter 15: Meeting the Adessi's

COURTNEY's POV

"Come on, you can't be that nervous." Apollo groaned. "What if I look like a homeless woman compared to those rich people?" I bit my lip. "You look like a human, okay? You have to be fine. Stop shaking." He sighed. What the fudge, I look like a human? Of course! I am a human. Whatever, Apollo!

The car stopped and the chauffeur stood up and opened the door for us. The door swung open and revealed a lot of paparazzis and a red carpet. Oh god, please don't let me embarrass myself. Especially in front of Apollo's family.

I breathed out and took Apollo's hand. I stood up. "Shall we, human?" He offered his hand. I only rolled my eyes at him and accepted his hand. We walked to the red carpet as the paparazzi asked us to look there and here.

I smiled and looked at the cameras. A reporter came near to us and asked, "Apollo, is this your girlfriend?". "Yeah." He answered and smirked. What a cockyassed guy.

"It's your first time to walk down the red carpet without your sister, so who is this special woman?" Another reporter asked. "Oh, this is Courtney Brown, my girlfriend." He answered as his smirk grew wider. Girlfriend. Courtney! This is only a pretentious act, don't act as if you're really his girl.

"So, Courtney Brown, how did you meet Apollo Adessi?" Another reporter asked. Remember the script, hun. "We met back in high school. He was football captain and he met me because I was the head cheerleader of his oponent's school." I lied smoothly and smiled.

"Let's go, babe." He said and let go of our intertwined fingers. I missed the warmth of his hand. His arm snaked around my waist. Babe. Come on, Court! It's all pretentious act, okay?

We went inside and greeted some of the people. I think they were Apollo's father's business partners. I turned around only to see a familiar guy staring at me. What a creeper.

"Hey, come here." Apollo said and we walked to his family's table. I breathed out. It's time to meet the Adessi's. I swallowed my nervousness. I can do this.

"Hey, darling." A dashing man in his teens greeted me flirtatiously. I saw Apollo smack the guy. Aww, poor guy. "Tip number one, Don, you don't flirt with your brother's girlfriend." Apollo hissed. I giggled at the two adorable siblings. They had similar dark hair but he didn't have blue eyes. He kind of resembled Catia more.

"Sit down." Apollo whispered as he pulled out a seat for me. "Thank you." I mouthed to him. I saw a dapper man and a stunning  woman appear, they were kind of in their 40's I think.

"Hello. You must be the girl Apollo has been talking about." The stunning lady said. She looks exquisite and fancy. The man next to him smiled at me politely. "Hello. I'm Alexander, Apollo's father. And you are?" He introduced himself. "I am Courtney Brown." I smiled at them. "Well, hello, Courtney. I'm Martina, don't call me Mrs.Adessi." She said and chuckled. "Hello." I replied shyly.

"Make yourself comfortable 'round here, Courtney." The guy smirked and winked at me flirtatiously. "What the hell, Don?! Stop flirting with my girlfriend." Apollo hissed. A pretty girl around my age came into sight. She wore a red gown that reached up to her toes. She was clinging onto a guy around my age too. She flashed a smile my way then turned to Apollo then glared at him as Apollo only smirked at her.

"That's my twin, Lex and my brother, Don. They're both super annoying." Apollo whispered in my ear. "You have a twin?" I asked him in disbelief. "Well, yeah. She doesn't look exactly like me because if she looked like me, she'd be pretty not like a poop." He answered amd smirked cockily. "What a cocky ass." I muttered and sighed.

"Hi, I'm Lex-" Lex tried to introduce herself but Don interrupted her. "Brunetta." Don said mischievously and laughed at her name. "Stop." Lex commanded to Don. Shockingly, Don obeyed her. "Laugh at my name again and I'll claw your eyes out." Lex threatened. "Sorry 'bout that, Courtney. I'm Lexia, Alexandria is the real name." She said and I smiled. "Hello, Lex." I mumbled and she grinned.

"So, to start with, who are your parents, Courtney?" Martina asked me. I gulped down my nervousness. The thought that I wasn't rich disturbed my head again. I breathed out and calmed myself down. "Joe Brown and Ciprianna Cruise." I answered.

"Ciprianna? Ciprianna Ioana?" Martina queried. "Yes, why do you know my mother?" I asked.

"Oh, Prianne and I have been friends before but that ended after......" Martina muttered. "After what?" Apollo queried. "After Madam Rebekah shooed her out of the house and removed her rights as a Cruise." She sighed.

"Who's Madam Rebekah?" I asked Martina. "Queen of the Bulgarian business. Your grandmother." She answered. "You came down from a rich family, huh?" Lex asked me. "I never knew about my grandmother. My mom told me she died." I said. "Well, that's because your mom had a lot of going on and began being miserable in senior high and got pregnant. Madam thought she was a disgrace to the family so she removed her rights as a Cruise." She said sadly.

"If you're really rich, who are you wearing?" Lex queried as Apollo glared at her. I'm not gonna embarrass myself since this is Catia's work.

"Truly yours," Caterina's voice boomed from behind. We all turned around only to see her in a very elegant pink gown with boa in her arms. "Caterina Adessi's design." She said and smirked. "Greetings from Paris." She added as her cocky smirk grew wider.

"Catie, is that you?" Don asked in disbelief. "Oh, yes! It is me, my brother." Catia squealed and threw her arms around Don. Don laughed happily.

"If it isn't for my favorite sister." Apollo said and hugged Catia too. "You actually have no choice since Lex is a bitch." Catia giggled.

"Wow! The slut is back. Welcome back, whore!" Lex exclaimed, making a scene. "Hello to you too, bitch." Catia hissed. Oh no. I thought they were only joking.

"Catia. Lexia. Keep it fucking down." Apollo hissed at the two. "Oh, so you're playing big brother card now, huh?" Lexia said to Apollo.

"Why didn't you play that card when that filthy slut did something?!" Lex blurted out in a loud voice, causing other people to turn their heads towards our direction.

Oooh, this is not turning out good. Apollo looked at me in the eye and gave me an apologetic look. I reassuringly smiled at him, indicating it was okay.