Chapter 13: My Girlfriend

(A/N: A photo of Apollo when he brought Courtney in the hospital.)

COURTNEY's POV

I woke up to the sound of Cameron and Krista chit chatting. They were chatting on the hospital couch or whatever you call that thing.

"Hey, you're awake." Cameron said as Krista turned to look at me. "Hey sweetie, you okay now?" She asked as she stood up and walked nearer to me.

"I'm fine, Kris." I said as I sat up.

Two days passed uneventfully. I go to Apollo's room and talk to him for an hour or so twice a day.

"I'll be at Apollo's." I said as I stood up and walked out of my room.

I walked down the hall and reached Apollo's room. I clutch the door knob and turn it to open.

I got inside and sat on the usual chair. I held his hand. I look at him. He looks so helpless yet he's fighting it, no matter what happens.

"Hey." I said as I lean my head on his bed. "You've been asleep for a while now, huh? You're not annoying when you sleep, I like it but I'd hate you if you'll never wake up." I told him and chuckled.

A movement went unnoticed as I saw a toe move. "You gotta be kidding me." I said as I saw him flicker his eyes open.

"You won't hate me, right? I'm awake now." He said in a low voice. "I'll call the doctor." I told him as I let go of his hand went out so I could call the doctor.

Dr.Gonzales came in. "Who are you? Are you a family of the patient?" The doctor asked me as we got inside. "I'm his fr-" I was interrupted by his low voice. "Girlfriend." I widen my eyes at what he said.

Seriously?! Even when he's sick, he's annoying.

"I forgot, you were the girl he brought a week ago. He's like freaking out cause the nurses won't let him in the Emergency Room." The doctor explained. I turned to glare at Apollo but he only shrugged and smirked at me.

He checked up on him and he said he'll be okay. He'll be discharged in three weeks until his wounds and whatnot heal while I'm going to be discharged tomorrow, yay!

Cameron came inside and his face lightened up as he saw Apollo awake.

"Man!" Cameron greeted happily. "Hey, man." Apollo greeted back and they did whatever that boys do when they meet each other. It's like a handshake-slash-hug-slash-fist bump. It's weird.

"Why did you tell Dr.Gonzales that you're my boyfriend?!" I shrieked. "Drop the act, Court. I know you like it." Apollo said cockily and smirked. He's such an ass.

"Does mom and dad know?" Apollo asked Cameron. "Yeah, I called Lex. She said they'll be here later or tomorrow." Cameron answered.

"Wait. Oh no. Tell them not to come." Apollo said. "What? Why? What's wrong?" Cameron asked worriedly. "Shit, it slipped my mind." He told Cameron.

"What is it?" I inquired. "Dinner with the girl." Cameron answered and smirked.

I felt a pang a jealousy hit me. Oh so his family would be meeting his girlfriend. Great. Wait why do I feel that?! You don't like Apollo, remember that!

"I gotta go. Bye." Cameron said and ran out of the room.

Awkward.

"Hey, you told me that you owe me right?" Apollo asked me out of nowhere. "Yeah." I answered briefly. "Can you come for dinner? He asked, hope grimacing through his features.

"You're asking me out on a date?" I choked out. This cannot be! I should be going to Blackewell for my studies not hot guys!!

"No. My family wants to meet my 'girlfriend' cause they keep setting me up with random girls and I'd like you to pretend to be my girl." He explained.

"Oh." I said weakly. "Yeah, sure. I'll be there." I said and bit my lip in embarrassment. "Now, no need to embarrassed. Once I get out of this shitty hospital, I'll be picking you up on a Sunday. Wear something formal." He said and chuckled while my blush goes redder.

His phone beeped. I reached for his phone and turn it speaker for him.

I put his phone down on the desk so I'd get out and give him some privacy but he held my hand and mouthed 'stay'.

"Mom, what's wrong?" He asked her. "It's Lexie, dumbass. Mom told me to call you and check up on you." She said harshly. Damn. She's quite bitchy even if she's just on the phone.

"Oh, Lex. Sup?" He asked her. "Mom said you can't bring the gal to dinner since you'll be bringing her to the charity whatsoever event." She said boringly. "And, you should be fine by the time of the event. Dress and look like a human, Apollo. Bye!" She said and dismissed the call.

"She's quite feisty." I told him. "She is a bad bitch." Apollo said and laughed.

"And we won't be going to dinner because we'll be going to the charity event." He added and smirked. "Wow. I'm sure there's a red carpet." I said and sighed.

"It's fine if you don't want to." Apollo said, looking at me worriedly. "It's okay, I owed you, right?" I tell him and smile.

Someone came in the door that made Apollo's eyes wide as saucers.

"What the fvck?! Is that you?" He yelled.