Chapter 14: Catia and Her Amazing Work

COURTNEY's POV

"Apollo! Just take the damn medicine!" I yelled at him. "No." He said with stubbornness.

God, what did I do to deserve such torture?

"Just take it, come on." I said to him softly. "I don't want to take it." Apollo replied and rolled his eyes.

"Please?" I begged. "Fine, fine." He said and took the meds and drank water.

"It tastes awful." He commented. "Well, your body needs it." I replied and grinned at him.

Two weeks passed in this hospital. It's his last two days. That charity event is coming in a week and I still have nothing to wear.

I feel like I'm going to look like a homeless child there. All those fancy people would laugh at me. Well, here's to not being rich. This is even my first time red carpet event. Ugh, this would suck! I know.

"What are you thinking?" Apollo asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Oh, nothing really." I answered and sat down on the chair beside his bed. "You were spacing out, you gotta tell me what's going on in that little head of yours." He reasoned out and chuckled.

"It's just that I have nothing to wear on that charity event. I didn't grow up being all wealthy and fancy. Maybe they'll laugh at me cause I look so different to them. How could I fit in into an environment that's way too different from what I live?" I said drastically.

"You're being overdramatic. They won't even notice that you didn't grow up rich. And if they laugh at you, I'll laugh at them too while I choke the air out of them." Apollo commented.

--

"I really have nothing to wear on that charity event." I said to Catia as she files her nails. "Well, we can go shopping." She suggested.

"But I can't leave Apollo here." I heard myself say then sigh. She looked up from her nails and stared for me a bit.

"Wait, I have an idea!" Catia squealed. "Would you love to wear my work?" She asked, getting all giddy.

"You're a fashion designer?" I asked her, shocked. "Well, kind of. That's why I went to Paris then pretended to be 19 so I could study fashion." She explained.

"I'll bring a dress for you on that day of the jujum event then I'll do your hair and make-up! This will be fun!" She squealed.

"Oh my god, thank you so much, Cat!" I squealed and squeezed her in a tight hug.

Catia smiled at me and said, "It's nothing okay? It's what friends are for.".

"Now, dear, what's going on with you and Apollo?" Catia asked as she pulled away from our hug.

I blushed at the thought of us. "Nothing." I answered. "You don't know how to lie. Come on, tell me!" Catia exclaimed. "Well, we're going to the charity event and meet your whole family then voila! We're done." I told her. "Ugh! You know you like him." She whispered. What the?! How did she know?!!! Come on, Courtney, you don't like Apollo, okay?!

"As a friend." I responded to her. "If that's what keeps you breathing." She said and rolled her eyes, totally not believing me.

--
Two days after.....
Krista and I went to the parlor and nothing important really happened. My usual frizzy hair went into loose waves and my nails were painted black. I look at myself in the mirror. I only had light make up on.

I came out of the parlor and went back to the dorm. Krista was gushing about how pretty I was. I didn't believe her, I still looked the same.

I went back to the dorm and a really pretty dress was on my bed. Catia left a note.

Hey, Court! You'll look hot in this. Xoxo, Catia

"Wow, you already had your in-laws' vote." Krista muttered. "Are you insane?! What? No!" I shrieked. "Don't be so defensive, hun." She blew me a kiss. What an ass.

"Put it on." Krista muttered and I put the beautiful gown on.

It looks gorgeous.

--

A/N: short chappy? Ikr! Crappy chappy? I know, too. Sorry. I'll make it up on the next chappy thanks love you 😘😘