Chapter 1: The Smirking Devil

Courtney's POV

I got inside the room and expected small and ugly room that screams "gimme a make-over". Oopsy daisy, I was wrong. It had white walls and colored purple and pink decorations. It's cute. Very girly.

"Hey," I was startled when someone said as Chase and I got in. "Hi," Chase replied instantly to the pretty girl, obviously flirting. "I'm sorry, are you Courtney?" She asked Chase which made me laugh. "Oops, guess you're Courtney." She told me and stood up to meet me.

"Krista Anderson." She said as she offered a hand to shake. "Courtney Brown." I replied as I shook her hand. "And my brother, Chase." I introduced the idiot as he shook Krista's hand. "Hey." He said flirting. "Mind if you control your teenage hormones?" I asked him as he immediately pulled his hand from Krista's grip. He rolled his eyes and mouthed 'buzzkiller'.

"Court, gotta leave." I heard Chase say as he scanned his phone. "What's wrong?" I asked him. "Forgot it was our game against the Stuarts, it's just for who could get into the semi-finals." He reassured me and smile. "Chase! Get your ass out of here and head to your game since you're the quarterback!" I semi-yelled at his face. "Okay, I was used to, you know...." He said scratching his neck. "You were used to what?" I asked him in confusion. "I was used to going to the games with you because you're the head cheerleader and you always remind me if we have a game." He told me and gave me a weak smile. "Cheer up! Okay, I'll see you soon." I assured him and smiled. I saw a flash of hope and happiness glint in his eyes for a second or two. "Bye." He said as he leaned dowm and kissed my cheek.

When Chase got out of sight, I heard Krista say "awww". "You haven't seen us bicker yet." I told her and chuckled.

I went into my bed and sat down. "There'll be a party later." Krista told me as she sat next to me. "You'll be going?" I asked her. "If you go, I'll go." She said and gave me a grin. "I am not invited." I told her and shrugged. "Every freshman in college is invited." She told me as her grin grew wider, knowing I'll fall for it. "Fine." I told her and sighed.

"Yay! So let's shop? I don't have clothes for a party." Krista offered and gave me the puppy eyes. "I don't have a car." I told her and bit my lip nervously. "But there are hot boys next door who has." She suggested and wriggled her eyebrows. "Krista!" I scolded her jokingly and laugh. "Kidding, we can borrow my boyfriend's car." She told me and laughed. "You're suggesting to borrow some random boy's car and you have a boyfriend?" I asked her, amused by her hilarious behavior. "Guess so." She said as she got up and linked our arms. Made me remember Emma, my bestfriend. She's going to some local college in the same town we live, Garreti, cause she never wanted to leave her grandmother behind.

We walked down a few halls and stopped at a door with a number '317'. Krista knocked a few times and the door swung open revealing someone so pretty. She looked so familiar. I assume she's naked and the only thing that covers her body is a white blanket.

"Why are you naked in my boyfriend's room?" Krista asked the pretty girl, shock and anger obvious in her voice. "Isn't it obvious I fucked Gavin? Poor Krista." She said and laughed at Krista's face which made Krista burst into tears. "Oooh, new girl. Hi, I'm Emmeline." She introduced herself to me. I hugged Krista and rub her back. "Courtney." I answered briefly and walked down the halls with Krista crying in my arms.

"It's okay, Krista, you'll find someone better than him." I comforted her as we got inside our room. "It just hurts, you know? I've trusted him since we were little. I took the risk of the destruction of our friendship so we can have our relationship." She sobbed. "It's okay, it will all be okay." I reassured her and continued to rub her back.

I continued comforting Krista until she decided we should go and loosen up. Well, let's see.

"Change." She commanded me, wiping her tears. "Come on! Isn't some jeans and a band shirt enough?" I asked her, whining that I have to take off my Guns n Roses shirt. "Nope. You aren't going anywhere with that." She answered me and started rummaging through my clothes.