Chapter 10: Here Comes Regret

COURTNEY'S POV

I walked out on Apollo then headed out of the school. I need a place where I could chill my anger out.

I saw a coffee shop across the street. I crossed the street, anger trailing in my steps.

I forgot to look at the stoplight. And bang- black out.

--

APOLLO'S POV

I followed Courtney as fast as I could. I sped to catch her up yet I saw her walk out of the school gates and cross the street.

I saw the stoplight and it wasn't yet her cue to cross the street.

I saw her get hit by a Range Rover. My world crashed. Everything was falling apart as I saw that happened

No.

No!

Please no!!

"Courtney!" I screamed as I ran to her.

Her face was covered with blood and she was unconscious. No. Please. No!

I saw a crowd forming. I pushed against the people and headed for the driver.

I saw the driver got out trying to check what happened but he didn't make his way when I swung my fist across his face.

"You, bastard! Look at what you did!!" I hissed angrily as I hit his nose then his jaw and cheek.

I stood up and carried Courtney in my arms. My dear, sweet Courtney.

"Baby, baby." I softly said to her. "You're gonna be okay, baby." I added as I saw the crowd give me sympathy looks.

I fished out my cellphone from my pocket and called 911. "911. What's your emergency?" The other line asked. "An ambulance. My girlfriend got hit by a car." I told them. "Okay, we'll be there. Hold on for a second." The voice from the other line said. "Front gates of Blackewood University." I said and dismissed the call.

I caressed Courtney's hair. "It's okay, baby. Hang on." I sobbed as I kissed her forehead. "Baby. Don't leave me." I told her as a tear roll down on my cheek.

The ambulance came and they put her into a stretcher and as I got into the ambulance with her.

I took her hand as she was laid down near me. "Baby." I whispered and kissed her hand. "It's gonna be okay." I said and gulped down all the nervousness, sadness and guilt in me.

We got into the hospital and she was directly advised to be at the ER. The doctor and nurses stopped me from getting. "Baby, you're gonna be okay." I said as I finally let go and sat at one of the chairs in the waiting area.

I fished out my cellphone and called Cameron. "Cam," I greeted him as he picked up. "Bro, what's wrong?" He asked, worried. "Riverson Medical Center bro. Second floor. Waiting area. Emergency." I told him and ended the call.

I put my head in my hands as all the guilt and regret rush into me. This is all my fault. Fvck! Fvck! I shouldn't have let her leave. I shouldn't have piss her off. Maybe she was just eating pizza if I didn't make her angry. Maybe if I just let her go to that damn battle of bullshit, she should be okay right now.

This is all my fault. My mistake. The blame's on me. Shit.

Cameron rushed to the seat beside me and asked what's the sudden emergency. "Courtney." I answered and pointed to the emergency room. "What?! What happened?" He asked. "She crossed the street and a car bumped her." I said as I swallow the lump in my throat. "Bro, bro." He sighed. "It's gonna be okay." He added and patted my back.

Cameron called Krista to let her know what happened.

I remembered the plate number of the car that bumped Courtney. I'm going to find that bastard and kill him in a snap.

I went back to where the accident happened. Courtney's blood was all over the street and seeing that again felt like my whole world crashed. Again.

I got to the Range Rover that ran over her. It hasn't moved a bit since the police were interviewing him. I waited for a few minutes so the police would leave. I got to my motorcycle and followed that shitty car. He'll pay to what he did to my world. Hell, my universe even.

He got out of the car and proceeded to one of the dark alleys of the street. Where gangsters hang out and criminals hide. Fuck it, I don't care.

I parked my motorcycle and went to follow him. I shoved his back as he lay on the floor. I stomp on his stomach and he grunted.

I sat on the top him and beat the shit out of him. I punched his face for a few minutes then stood up again. I saw his lower lip bleed. I kick his jewels and he wince. I saw a back up of a few men. Scratch that, they were many.

One went up to me and held my arms from my behind. Another punched me in the jaw. Another twisted my arm. The same one who punched me shoved me to the floor and kicked me to death. I feel blood come out of my mouth. One came up to me punched every squared inch of my body. Shit.

I feel unconsciousness take place in my mind. No. No. No. Not now, please!

And it all blacked out.

--
COURTNEY'S POV

I wake up at the sound of a beeping machine and a hand holding mine.

I flicker my eyes open to see Krista beside me.

"Hey." Krista greeted and smiled apologetically. "I'm so sorry, if I haven't left you, you shouldn't be here." She added and true remorse and guilt in her voice. "Kris, it isn't your fault. Even if you were there, Apollo would still be busting from the doors and yelling at me while I walk out and get bumped, okay?" I reassured her and squeezed her hand.

"Is Apollo here?" I ask Krista as she stiffen at the mention of Apollo's name. "U-uhh, y-yeah. He'll be back, he just went out." She stammered. I just smiled at her, hoping Apollo would be back as soon as he can. "Wait, I have to call Cam and the doctor," she said and got out.

I sighed as I hear her call a nurse to assist me and tell Cameron I was conscious.

The doctor said I was already but I have to be here in a week so I could rest properly.

Cameron came in and smiled at me. "You okay, there?" He asked as he sat down on my bed. "Yeah, it's just that I want to see Apollo." I tell him. "Ohh, Apollo went out he'll be back in a few." He said and smiled.

The door busted open as I see a familiar petite girl come in. "Oh my gosh, Courtney!!" She said as she came over to hug me. It was Catia. I hugged her back and smiled at the thought that even if we only met once, she still cared. "Here," she said as she hand a basket of fruits. "Thank you, Cat." I said to her and grinned gratefully.

Catia gave Cameron an asking look but cameron shook his head lightly and mouthed 'no'.

Something's up. I have to know what is it.