Chapter 16: He won't get any near Colleen.

Josh's pov

We hadn't heard anything about Eric for a month now. Colleen was still scared, but I think she was a little more used to the idea of him being free. Neither of us felt safe anyway. I tried to be brave when I was around Colleen, but I think she knew I was as scared as she was. It just didn't seem real. Letting someone free, when they  are psychopaths is so stupid. But they released him anyway. And we didn't know where he was. And I was so frustrated. I felt like I couldn't protect Colleen.

Colleen's pov

Eric was still missing. Nothing made sense anymore. A week had passed since we found out he was free, but it had been five months since he was eventually released. He could have been anywhere. We hadn't heard anything about him, until...

"Hi, honey. Are you going to class? Can I help you with your bag?" Josh said, trying to take the bag out of my hands. "Baby, calm down. I can take this." I said. He had been acting very weird since that morning. He walked me everywhere, he asked me where I was going all the time, he texted me like a thousand times per minute... Something was happening, that he wasn't telling me about. We walked to my classroom, and he left me in the door. I gave him a little kiss, making everyone look up. Inmutares. I sat down, and waited for my music teacher to come in. Suddenly, everyone around me was looking to the door. I looked at Heather, and she was looking at the door too. I turned around, and gave myself the biggest surprise I've ever gotten. I felt a cold air exploring the room. My knees were shaking, almost not responding to my desperate orders to make them calm down. My chest started to hurt. I could feel my breathe getting deeper and deeper. Suddenly breathing was almost impossible. "Eric..." was the last thing I said before everything went black. Again.

What seemed like a few seconds to me, were 20 minutes in real life. Josh was sitting by my side in a chair. I looked around, and we were at the university's nursery. Everything was still blurry. "J-Josh?" I said. "Hey, baby." He said, with the sweetest voice he could make. "What happened?" I asked. I noticed our hands were together. "You don't remember anything?" He asked. "Well, I was sitting on my classroom, and then..."

Josh's pov

Her face turned white as she finished that sentence. She was as pale as a ghost. "... Eric." She whispered after a few seconds. Yes... Eric was at the university again. I had found out that morning, by a friend, but I didn't know how to tell her. How do you tell the women you love, that her rapist is in the same university she is? I just didn't have the words. It seems like Eric had been at a mental hospital all this time, and that a few days ago he was released, for having perfectly normal behavior. After he was free, he told his parents everything he wanted to do was to go back to the university, where he could study to be someone in life. At least that's what my source told me (charlie). I called the mental hospital that morning, when I found out, and they told me he was a perfectly normal teenager, and that he had had a crisis when the "accident", as they called it, happened. I obviously went out of my mind and told them he was a psychopath and that I was going to cut their nuts if something happened to Colleen, but let's not get into minor details.

He won't get any near Colleen. Have that for sure.