Chapter 9: How could he?

Josh's pov

3 months and a half had passed since her accident with Eric. She had had to go to therapy. My poor sweetheart. I don't think she is ever going to forget about this. Even though her therapist said she was doing well, she still wakes up crying from nightmares sometimes. I feel so impotent. I promised her nothing would happen to her in my watch, but it did. I don't know if she feels secure by my side anymore. As for the asshole of Eric, I think they gave him 7 years in prison. I hope he suffocates with his own handcuffs. I try to look strong to Colleen, but I am scared too. You never know. Maybe Eric sent a friend he made in prison to kill me, or Colleen. I could not live without her. She is my universe.

Colleen's pov

Josh had been acting really weird this last couple of days. I know he is scared too, he just seems to hide it when I am close. "Honey can you please answer the door?" Josh said with his mouth full of tooth paste. I nodded and got up of Josh's couch. I opened the door, and a deliver man was standing there. He had flowers in his hands. "Oh, hello" I said. "Hello, is Joshua Evans here?" He said. "Yeah, he is busy, I will sign." I said. He handed me the paper and I signed it. He gave me the flowers and I left them in Josh's bed. I was about to leave when I see a letter.

~"I shouldn't read it. I won't read it. I am not a jealous person. I'm sure they are from his mother, or something."~ I thought to myself.

But the curiosity was killing me. I ran to his bed and took the letter.

Dear Joshy:
Hey baby boy! It's Samantha. I was just writing to see if you wanted to repeat what we did the other night. It was fantastic. I had a great time :). Please call me soon.
xoxo

I freaked out. Who was Samantha? And why was she sending flowers to my boyfriend? I knew everyone in his family and there was no one called Samantha.

~"Okay, calm down Colleen. Josh would never cheat on you. Would he? Maybe that's why he had been acting so weird these days."~

I was freaking out. I didn't know what to do. Josh was right in the other room and was about to see what I has just discovered. Suddenly, an idea popped in my head. I would not let him know that I knew his secret. I would let him see the flowers, and say that I hadn't read the letter to see his reaction. I took the flowers and quickly putted them in front of the door. And ran to the bathroom. "Who was it baby?" He screamed from his walking closet. "It was the delivery guy! I told him to leave the flowers at the door cause' I was dying to poop." I said. I opened the door a little to see his reaction to what I had just said.
Josh quickly got out of the closet and saw the flowers. He ran to them and examined them with terror. He found the letter, read it as fast as he could, and then hid it in his pocket. "Oh! I think they are from my mom! She called me and said she was going to send me flowers because of my performance in the last theater play."

I was devastated. My vision was blurry because of the tears. "Are you okay babe?" Josh said because he had not got an answer. "Yeah, I just have a huge diarrhea. I probably won't come out soon. Just go to class, I'll be there in a few moments." I tried to say without bursting into tears. "Okay sweetie. I love you!" He said. A few minutes passed and I heard the door close. He was gone. I opened the door and the first thing I saw were the flowers. The moment I saw them my eyes couldn't resist it anymore. My tears were all over the floor. How could he? He was so sweet with me everyday, he told me he loved me almost every second of the day. But it was all a lie. He was fake. My make up was all over my face. After an hour and a half of only crying, I got up and went to the bathroom. I had to clean my face before Josh came to his bedroom. After I freshened up, I took all my clothes, and putted them in my backpack. I grabbed a paper, and wrote Josh a letter. And then left it in his bed. I went out the door. I don't think I've ever been this sad.

A/N
Today you get a long chapter, hope you like it. Thank you for reading💘💘