Chapter 11: The new beginning

Josh's pov

Since Colleen broke up with me, my life has been a mess. I lost 10 pounds in 3 months. I just don't know what's the purpose of life anymore. Why should I live if she is not in my life? This is not fair. After a few weeks of what happened with the letter, I got to explain Colleen what was the letter really about. Samantha was an old friend of mine. She had a recording studio, and was about to help me record an original song. A song that I wrote especially for Colleen. But when I explained her this, she...

*flashback*

"See, honey? I would never do such a thing. I love you too much to even think about it." I said as I was about to kiss her. But she moved her face. "Okay, Josh. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't trust you. I'm sorry I didn't want to hear you before. I... I don't know what to say..." She said as she was about to burst into tears. I hugged her as tight as I could. She pulled back and said. "Josh, I can't do this. I just... I don't think the trust I had in you will come back. I love you, but I... I just can't" She said. She just walked away. And I didn't do anything. I just let her go. I don't know why. I didn't even cry, but don't take me wrong, I was really hurting. It was just that I was shocked. A year has passed now and I'm better. I just wish I could see her, talk to her. I wish she could explain it to me. Why did she do that? Why didn't she want our relationship to work? In all this time, I haven't figured it out.

*End of flashback*

Colleen's pov

A year has passed since the last time I spoke to Josh. This hasn't been easy. Why did you break up with him, after he explained everything to you? You might be thinking. Well, it's really difficult to put the answer in words. When I discovered that letter, before I knew what it really was, I felt something broke. Something that is really important in a relationship. Something that means that you believe in that special person's love. Trust. The trust I had in Josh wasn't there anymore. And I know he never cheated on me, but the fact that I thought he did, meant something. That scared me. I loved him more than words could explain. But I felt like that was the best choice to make in that moment. It was one of the most hard decisions I've ever had to make. I just wish I could see him one more time. I wish I could explain everything. He deserves to know. I just wasn't brave enough to tell him this.

"Honey we are here, do you want me to help you unload your bags?" My dad said. "No, daddy. Don't worry, I got it." I said, as I got out of the car. "Okay baby, I love you! See you soon." He said, as we hugged. I got to the entrance of the university, and stopped for a second. I just stared at it. This was my last year studying here. Suddenly I see Heather. I ran to her and hugged her from the back. "HEEEEY" I said. "HEY! I missed you so much! How are you doing?" She asked. "Oh, I'm okay. I'm way better than last year." I said. "Okay, let's get inside. We have to see our room." She said. And so we did. I was secretly hoping to run into Josh. I hadn't seen him in so long, and I wanted to. I was unpacking, when Heather decided to go to the cafeteria to eat something. "Do you want to come?" She asked very nicely. "No, don't worry. I still have a bunch of things to unpack." I said with a fake smile on my face. She nodded and went out the door. I finished unpacking and went to sit on our bedroom's couch, which was right next to the window.

~"This view is a lot better than the last one."~ I thought to myself. We could see the university's garden trough the window, which we couldn't see from the last one.

Suddenly, a familiar face appears in the middle of the crowd. But I couldn't tell who was it until a few seconds passed. It was Josh. But he was very different. He had lost a lot of weight. And he was pale. He just didn't seem like the cheerful Josh that I knew. I saw him walking trough the campus, with some dirty high tops, some sweat pants, and a very old t-shirt. That image was really shocking. The Josh I knew, would never let anyone touch his look. But now he looked atrocious. I couldn't avoid to feel that was my fault.

Josh's pov

The university started again. Summer was over. I had the chance to start my life again, after spending every minute of my vacations crying silently in my room. But something stopped me from moving on. Every time I tried to sleep, closing my eyes, the image of Colleen breaking up with me, came to my mind. It just wasn't fair. She knew I never cheated on her, but she still chose to leave me. That was the feeling that kept hunting me. Why would she? I was heading to the university's auditorium, for an audition. Les Miserables. I got there, and the first thing I see, is a bunch of girl singing horribly high, trying to impress the judges. But suddenly, I hear a very peculiar voice. A voice that I had heard before. "I'm Colleen Ballinger and I'm auditioning for the role of Cossete." She said. "Go on."

She started singing. Everything disappeared except for her and I. Her voice was like the touch of a thousand angels. She looked at me, and we made eye contact, while she was still singing. A few minutes later she finished and everyone clapped. She was coming out of the stage, when I noticed she wanted to come talk to me. I panicked.

Colleen's pov

Les Miserables was one of my favorite musical theater plays of all times. I really wanted to get the role of Cossete. I started singing. I don't usually look at the people in the crowd while I'm auditioning, because it makes me nervous. But this time, something told me I had to look at the people staring at me. And there he was. Joshua Evans. Looking at me, just as everyone else. I couldn't avoid the fact that my eyes got a little wet when I saw him, but I think I hid it very well. As I was coming out of the stage, I figured I was going to talk to him. But suddenly, he gets up, and leaves the auditorium. I knew why he left, and I knew he was in his right to be absolutely mad at me. But the tears came out of my eyes anyway. My instinct told me to let him go. He didn't want to see me, so the logical thing to do was to leave him alone. But my heart didn't want to give up that easy. I ran out of the auditorium and went after him. "Hey Josh! Wait!"

Okay sorry I have not been posting as often as always, but I have had some troubles with my internet lately. Sorry, I promise I'll fix it. Thanks for reading 💘💘

Take me away: JoshleenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara