Desire for Disaster: Seven

They finally arrived to Anthony's house and it was packed. There were cars lined up all around his house and down the street. It seemed like Everlie and Jackson had to park at least a mile away. Jackson didn't say much; he just took her hand and led her down the road and into Anthony's yard.

They made their way to the backyard, where she heard people her age laughing and splashing around in the pool. Once they turned the corner she saw that some people were in the pool and some were walking around the yard or in groups, 'Few', she thought to herself, 'we don't have to swim,' she was never sure as to what Jackson would try in the pool. She looked around to see people she knew. Everyone looked pretty familiar since she had gone to school with them, but she wasn't that good of friends with anyone. That's what happens when you isolate yourself to one person like she did with Grace.

She looked over to Jackson who looked uncomfortable. He kept shifting his wait and kept his hand firmly wrapped around hers, as if he was afraid she would wonder of and leave him to fend for himself. She gently squeezed his hand until he looked at her and she smiled sweetly, "You okay?" she asked quietly.

Jackson only smiled in response then turned away to take the scene in.

"Everlie?" she heard Anthony's familiar voice ask.

"Hey" she responded, "sorry I didn't call, I just figured it was a show up whenever type of party," she said, hoping she wasn't being rude.

"No, no it's cool... I just wasn't expecting you is all," he said eyeing back and forth between herself and Jackson.

There was a small silence, full of awkwardness, "You remember Jackson?" Everlie finally said.

Anthony nodded his head and said, "Yeah, sure, hey man," then shook Jacksons hand.

"Hey," he said tightly.

"Well," Anthony started, "I'm gonna go see if the grills ready and stalk up the alcohol... but do whatever," he said then quickly excused himself.

Everlie turned towards Jackson with a frown on her face, "Lighten up, will yah? You're scaring everyone away,"

"Sorry, baby doll, I'll lighten up, I promise... what do you want to do?" he asked bending down and kissing her neck lightly.

Everlie instinctively wanted to stay and have him continue to kiss her neck but her common sense kicked in, "definitely not that here!" she yelled in a whisper while stepping away from him.

Jackson quickly wrapped his arms around her pulling her back to him, "We could always leave," he said, raising his eyebrows up and down suggestively.

Everlie frowned again, "Can you please try and enjoy yourself. I always do things you want to do, why can't you try and enjoy something I like to do," she said trying to wiggle out of his embrace.

Jacksons arms secured her to him more tightly, "Let me hold you," he pleaded in such a sad voice that Everlie instantly stopped moving, "and we both know you like doing the things I like doing," he said, his seductive side back, kissing her cheek.

"Jackson," she complained, "C'mon lets go mingle!" she said and walked towards a group of people.

Everlie tried to find some of the guys she hung out with during the night but they all seemed to be preoccupied. She wasn't really close to any girls in her grade. She talked to about three of them every now and then at lunch, Gabbie, Sam, and Alyssa, but she wouldn't call them 'friends' more like 'acquaintances'. Her and Jackson talked to those girls for about 15 minutes until she realized they were only interested in Jackson. They only asked him questions and were practically drooling over him.