Desire for Disaster: Two

It had been the longest night of Everlie’s life. She literally felt like she never went to sleep. It was about 6 pm when she got home from Jackson's house *shudder*. She ran right upstairs and took a long hot shower. After that, she laid in bed, not even bothering to eat dinner or do anything productive. As she laid in bed, she thought about Jackson. She thought about how pushy he was and how controlling and sexy he was. She was sad to admit that yes, she thought he was sexy. How could she not? Part of the night was devoted to thinking about their intense make out session. It was hot. She wasn't in denial. They had some wicked hot chemistry but that did NOT mean that she wanted to date him. He was a lot older than her, she had just met him, and he was kind of bossy. She did not do well with bossy.

Everlie couldn't deny that they had some serious attraction and connection towards each other. Something about him made her crave him and part of her liked, no loved, that he want her... it even turned her on a bit... but her more serious side told her she was being crazy. There was no way she should want to have anything to do with Jackson. So, she finally promised herself she would stay far, far away from him. That was until the next day happened.

She was woken up by a loud knock on her door. She turned her head to see what time it was and realized it was 11 am. She silently scolded herself. She must have really stayed up forever that night since she usually woke up at 9 to go for a run. "Come in!" Everlie yelled

"You're still sleeping?" her younger sister, Emmy, asked when she walked into the room.

"Not intentionally... did you need something?"

"Yeah, Charles said to come down stairs... and look decent?" Emmy told her, rolling her eyes at her stepfather's name.

"Uh... okay? Be down in five..." Everlie trailed off.

Everlie hopped out of bed, doing the essentials. She put a headband in her hair to keep her wild hair back. She decided on wearing a spaghetti-strap summer dress since the weather was still so hot. She added a little mascara then headed down stairs to see what her dear stepdad wanted.

"Oh, Everlie!" Charles exclaimed, "We thought you fell in the toilet," Charles laughed at his weak attempt of a joke.

Everlie was only paying attention to the 'we' part, "Who's we?" she asked timidly.

"Oh, our new neighbor, Jackson! He said you two had met yesterday and he was taking you out today. His father does business with me so I know the Bauer's quite well!" he exclaimed happily.

Everlie cringed... how was she going to get out of this? She couldn't flat out refuse the guy in front of Charles, he would be majorly pissed and she knew Jackson would have found some way to make her come with him, "But Charles," she started sweetly, "I thought you and my mom needed me to watch Elle while you went out today?" she said referring to her youngest sister, praying that Charles would remember and tell Jackson to leave.

"Oh well me and your mother changed our plans up a bit. Jackson's going to take you to lunch and such then when you two return Jackson said he didn't mind staying over here with you while you watch the girls," Charles said as though his plan was pure brilliance, "So go on, Everlie... have a nice time," he said then turned back to Jackson, "Pleasure to meet you, son. You're welcome here anytime," he said to which Everlie 's face changed into pure annoyance.

"You too, Sir, and thank you," he said shaking his hand. Jacksons face flickered to Everlie 's and gave her a smirk that said 'I won'

Charles stayed at the door waiting for Everlie to walk out with Jackson. Jackson held out his hand for her to take and she grudgingly took it so he stepfather wouldn't have a hissy fit later that night.