Chapter 4 - I Write Sins Not Tragedies

Jack's POV

I stood staring at the empty seat in front of me. What the hell just happened? My right hand rose to my lips, touching where his soft pink ones once were. And why aren't I angry about it? A shiver went down my spine at the thought of liking it, of liking him. Ew, no. I definitely didn't like that kiss and I sure as hell don't like him! He infuriates me. He was probably just trying to mock me. Yeah that's what that son of a bitch was doing! But why didn't I say anything? I just let him get away. Wow, how stupid do you need to be ,Jack?!

"Jack!" I heard my name being called from behind me.

I spun around to be met with Brendon, Josh and Tyler all looking at me with concern and confusion written in their features.

"Dude I've been calling on you for the past five minutes. What the fuck happened? Did that dick say anything else to you?" Brendon asked from the doorway.

I walked over a few desks, picking up my bag before heading towards my 'friends' at the door. "I don't want to talk about it." I grumbled as I stormed passed them.

They were quick to follow as we headed outside to skip the remaining two lessons of the day. This was nothing new for us, and in all honesty I didn't think I could of sat through boring lectures about things that I really couldn't care less about. Plus, I had history last ... he was in that class.

"That was so sick back there in the cafeteria!" Tyler squealed, bouncing up and down.

"Yeah you were all like, 'What did you call me?' and then BAM! you punched him good." Josh grinned, punching the air, mimicking what I did to Alex.

Ugh Alex, I hate that name. My nose wrinkled up in disgust. "Can we just drop it. I don't want to see or hear of him again."

At my words the two stopped talking, calming down from the excitement of me punching some kid. We made our way across the parking lot in silence. I quickly stopped at my car, throwing my backpack on the front seat before turning around to face Brendon's displeased face.

"Don't tell me you actually drove to school. You're like one of the worse drivers in history. How the hell did you make it in one piece?" He said looking between me and the car.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Luck I guess."

"Well you must have some sort of guardian angel then..." He trailed off with a chuckle as the three of them started walking ahead towards the wooded area at the side of the school's parking lot.

I looked up at the sky thinking over his words. "Yeah, something like that I guess..." I mumbled to no one in particular.

The four of us walked through the trees until we came to a stop as we sat in our little spot in the forest. Our spot was just a small break in the trees where some fallen down trees trunks and the remains of a fire were situated. This is where we'd come when we ditched school. So far no one had found us but that was probable due to the fact no one really wandered this far.

Currently Brendon, Josh and Tyler were all smoking pot and talking amongst each other, genuinely having a good time. I, on the other hand, was staring up at the tree tops lost in my mind. Why did he kiss me? Why did I not snap at him like I usually would if he pissed me off? Why am I even bothered about it? It felt like my thoughts were trying to run a marathon in my head. I sighed rubbing my temples. I wish you were still here Matt. I really do need your help...

Just then I was snapped out of my daze with Brendon giving me a small shove.

"Hey, why are you not speaking? You want some?" He asked holding out the joint.