Chapter 3 - The First Punch

(Alex's p.o.v)
How could he do that? How could he kiss me? Who the hell does he think he is? I stormed off to my car with my dog, Bas trailing behind me. He is a good kisser though.... No Alex, shut up! You're not gay!

I started my car and breathed a heavy sigh. Today has been such a bad day. Why can't it all just end? I don't need this life anymore. Maybe I can go and live with him up in heaven. I miss him. I threw my head back in agony as the memory of that tragic morning, crept up on me.

"Ugh! I can't take it! That's it I'm going to see him." Instead of carrying on down the same road, I turned right and headed towards the grave yard.

When I arrived, I got out the car, Bas walking by my side. I looked around at the hundreds of gravestones as sadness and grief drilled into me. Why does death have to surround us and then consume us?

I reached my brothers grave. Sitting down, Bas lay his head on my lap. I felt tears prickling my eyes. Why did you have to leave me? Couldn't you have just stayed a while longer? I miss you! I could no longer hold back the tears so I just let them loose.

"I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to be me anymore. Life keeps getting harder and I just can't take it. I miss you." I whispered to his grave.

More tears ran down my face, staining tracks on my cheeks. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see a wobbly figure of a girl watching me. She was standing by a grave she had just laid flowers on. To be honest I didn't care that she was watching me, she's lost someone too. I can sit here and cry if I want. It's just that it's kind of creepy to have someone watching you.

"Can I help you?" I snapped at the girl.

"Sorry." She mumbled.

"Yeah whatever!" I said getting up, which made Bas whimper.

"Are you okay?" She asked timidly.

"What's it to you?" As soon as I said it, I regretted it.

The girl looked taken back. After a second she composed herself and looked frustrated.

"Wow, asshole much. I was only trying to be nice, no need to shove it in my face. But you know what, I don't care!" She spoke "Sorry I offended you" she sneered.

The girl turned to face the grave she had been stood at. "Sorry dad." She whispered before she stormed off in the opposite direction.

I felt a twinge of guilt run through me before shrinking back to the cold hard ground. I didn't mean to snap at that poor girl, I feel so bad. All she was doing was visiting her dad and I had to go and be an ass. God I hate myself.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I grabbed my math book out of my locker and slammed it. Yesterday was still having a major affect on me.

At the locker beside mine, stood a short girl with brown hair and a nose ring. She had a small smile on her face as she talked to her friend. Wait isn't she the girl from yesterday? Her friend walked off and the brown haired girl turned back to her locker to grab a book.

"Hey," I said timidly. She turned and looked at me, her smile dropped into a frown. "Look I'm sorry about yesterday, I shouldn't of snapped at you, I was just having a bad day. I'm so sorry."

"You know what, I'm sorry too." She sighed. "You actually seem like a nice person, you don't look like an asshole."

I laughed a little but stopped when I saw Jack and his brown haired friend walking towards us.

"Hey Tay! You're looking fine today!" He chuckled, his friend laughing along with him.

Tay's face was a mixture of hate and disgust. She didn't look happy at all. I turned my head to Jack, who winked at me before walking off. I wrinkled my nose and shook my head.